What bookshelf speakers for Denon PMA-720AE Amp?

elliottveares

Novice Member
I have recently purchased a Denon PMA-720AE Integrated amplifier what is a budget amp in the sub £200 price bracket, and am currently using some JVC speakers from the 90's that were part of a old hi-fi system that i used before i got my Denon amp.

Now I want to replace my JVC speakers next month as they are very weak in the mids and always required massiveness amount of EQ enhancements with my old system in the mid range to even sound tolerable, plus the bass is rather muddy.

I have thinking about getting some Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's as they are in my price range of up to £150 for a set of book shelf speakers. The speakers will also be mounted close to the wall, thus a reason why I have chosen a front ported speaker.

The thing is though, I don't know of any physical shops what sell the 9.1's so i can only get them online and thus not listen to them before I buy.

So, what would you recommend in the £50-£150 price range?

(My Denon amp is 50w per channel at 8 ohms across the frequency range, or 85w per channel at 4 ohms at 1Khz. My amp can take impedance's between 4 and 16 ohms.)

Applenoob

Banned
I've just replied in that thread also with findings from a recent demo at Richer Sounds

The Q Acoustics were brilliant; much better than the Wharfedales I thought but everyones hearing is different!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom