What book is this?

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it was a book rather than a film but I just can't remember. The plot is that someone goes into prison under cover and only the governor knows. Something then happens to the governor - he either dies or moves elsewhere and so the undercover person is stuck there for a time.
Thinking some more about it, it might not have been the Governor who died, it could have been his boss who was the only person who knew. I know I'm being vague but it's doing my head in! I've just read a book called "Hard Landing" by Stephen Leather and at first I thought I'd read it before and it was the one I've outlined above, but it wasn't.

Anyone any ideas please?

Last edited:
I have read that one but I don't think he was under cover in that one, so I think it must have been another one. I'll get the book out again and have a quick read just in case!

the plot seems very familiar, I'm sure I've seen it!

The only one I can think of just now is Brubaker with Robert Redford, where he goes in under cover and later reveals himself to be the warden?

the plot seems very familiar, I'm sure I've seen it!

The only one I can think of just now is Brubaker with Robert Redford, where he goes in under cover and later reveals himself to be the warden?

I don't remember having seen that film to be honest, but I'll check it out as well.

That plot sounds awfully like a Sly Stallone movie.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom