What book are you reading at the moment Pt2

diannebye

Suspended
Evening Class by Maeve Binchy. She has written several books that are like a series or stories that bring in characters from the others although all seperate type stories. Easy to read and quite addictive..Female read though in my opinion....

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
Just finished Wrecked by Louisa Reid. It’s a YA novel written in verse and I wasn’t sure I’d get on with it, but I actually found the verse helped take me through the story and I enjoyed it.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
A big chunk through The Sacrifice, which is the 4th in The Enemy series. Still holding my interest.

SDMDAM

Having finished two Thrawn books I am now reading the chronologically last Shannara book by Terry Brooks. I have been reading these books for a long time so a bit of a bittersweet moment but nothing lasts forever.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
@littlesheepy I've just started book 6 of The Enemy series. Still really enjoying it, although they are stringing the story out a little. Only 1 left after this.
What next? :)

dUnKle

Just finished “Total Blackout” and now onto this. Let’s see how things have changed and maybe even improved
D787358C-EBDC-4B66-8B55-23E502211683.png

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
@littlesheepy I've just started book 6 of The Enemy series. Still really enjoying it, although they are stringing the story out a little. Only 1 left after this.
What next? :)
No pressure :laugh:
Hmmm.. what else have I enjoyed...
The 100 by Kass Morgan
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
The curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon
I’ve read the first couple of ‘young Bond’ Books by Charlie Higson which weren’t bad.
And the first Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan wasn’t bad either.
i need to speed up my reading for more recommendations! :thumbsup:

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
No pressure :laugh:
Hmmm.. what else have I enjoyed...
The 100 by Kass Morgan
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
The curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon
I’ve read the first couple of ‘young Bond’ Books by Charlie Higson which weren’t bad.
And the first Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan wasn’t bad either.
i need to speed up my reading for more recommendations! :thumbsup:
Thanks, will look into them.
To be fair I've got a backlog of Jack Reacher, Vince Flynn etc to read, so no hurry. :)
I've read all the Percy Jackson books. I liked them. I've actually got a Charlie Higson standalone book on my kindle somewhere. Might dig that out.
I didn't like the mortal instruments film, is the book better?

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
Thanks, will look into them.
To be fair I've got a backlog of Jack Reacher, Vince Flynn etc to read, so no hurry. :)
I've read all the Percy Jackson books. I liked them. I've actually got a Charlie Higson standalone book on my kindle somewhere. Might dig that out.
I didn't like the mortal instruments film, is the book better?
I haven’t seen the Mortal Instruments film I’m afraid but I did watch the first TV series of Shadowhunters which is also based on the books and I found the books way better than that. I’m not sure what it was about them but I did find them fairly compelling reading.

I’m reading Olive, Mabel and Me by Olive, Mabel and Andrew Cotter at the moment :)

diannebye

Suspended
With No One as Witness.... and the conclusion after that one is.... What came before He Shot Her by Elizabeth George.....They are Inspector Lynley Mysteries very good so far....

Cobb

Distinguished Member
Just finished Matthew McConaughey Greenlights. Had a 30 day free Audible trial so listened to it instead. He has a great voice IMO and narrates it himself, really enjoyed it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom