What book are you reading at the moment Pt2

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Finished The Road last night. Horrific and beautiful, sadly not in equal measure.

One of the best books I've ever read. Looking forward to revisiting the film.

9.5/10.

Garrett

Second in the Thrawn trilogy? Alliance. In this follow up to Thrawn he sent on a mission and already Vader pulling rank on him, and something goes wrong Vader as usual it's the blame of someones incompetence where as Thrawn sticks up for his crew and seeks out why things have gone wrong.
Really wich they made Star Wars 7-9 Timothy Zahn first Thrawn trilogy would have been a 100 times better than what we got.
Would like to see a prequel of these books although dont know how basing a film on a character on the Empire would sit with fans of the franchise but know of the book readers Thrawn a extremely well liked loved character.

Thrawn Alliiance.jpg

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
The Library Book by Susan Orlean - story of a devastating fire in a Los Angelos public library. Also tells the history of the library and talks about the characters that work there and that are customers there. As someone who works in a library it's very relatable!

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Just started Rendezvous with Rama - Arthur C Clarke - gripping opening hour. Exactly what I needed after being floored by The Road.

guvvie

Finished The Road last night. Horrific and beautiful, sadly not in equal measure.

One of the best books I've ever read. Looking forward to revisiting the film.

9.5/10.
If you enjoyed this then give Swan Song by Robert R McCammon a go, a little less bleak but a great read.