1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What bolts do i need to wall mount my 42pe50?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Not A Clue, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Getting all my stuff ready for forthcoming wall mount project - it said in the manual that I need M6 bolts which has left me slightly confused due to the variety available...

Its a new house with the plasma being attached to a brick wall...

Is it the M6 roofing bolts I go for?
    What length?
    What size drill bit will I need ?
    Given they are bolts do I still have to put in wall plugs - if so do these have to be slightly longer than the bolts?

Thanks for your help - going to B&Q in about 2hrs so any responses would be appreciated :)

2. willsmeister

willsmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plasplugs do a high tensile screw with rawplug attached for about £5 for 10 - 8mm masonry drill bit - from memory i think they are 80mm long. I have used these to put up an RS100 mount with a 42kg samsung perched on it. The more screws you use the less stress on each...

3. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the response - can anyone else help with the list of questions :lease:

4. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a look in the PV500 and general plasma FAQ sticky HERE.
    I think I used M8 rawl (or anchor) bolts 85mm long and a 14mm masonry is required. You need to hold it on min 6 bolts as a guide.
    They have the anchors built in so you just drill the righ size hole.

Yu can also use M6 with a 12mm masonry bit, I would probably use 8 of them.I would use 60-85mm long.
    B & Q call them anchor bolts, heavy duty ones, there is a pic on one of the links.

5. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a Clue ???? :smashin:

6. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mal - being dumb, didn't think the pv500 had the same wall bracket so didn't check :oops:

quick question for you given i have seen your wall mount project...

i am planning on putting a plug socket in the middle of the wall bracket to which I'll connect the panasonics power lead...(the reason being, if my pe50 goes wrong i can return everything without having to rip out the chased cables - all component cables will be chased in)

do you think theres enough room behind the plasma on the standard wall bracket to do this (i had a quick look yesterday at the size of the plug vs the depth of the wall bracket and i think i can manage to squeeze a plug in :confused:

cheers pal,

nac