Question What Bluetooth Transmitting Device Has Low Energy (BLE)

Panonut

Novice Member
I use hearing aids that support Bluetooth Low Energy for TV audio and other uses and would like to purchase a transmitter that will support both BTE and conventional Bluetooth frequencies. Does anyone know if such a device is available?

rousetafarian

I use hearing aids that support Bluetooth Low Energy for TV audio and other uses and would like to purchase a transmitter that will support both BTE and conventional Bluetooth frequencies. Does anyone know if such a device is available?
Welcome to the forums, I’ve not seen this question asked before however I’m certain someone will be able to help soon.

Enjoy your stay!

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Are you certain that your hearing aids support BLE directly? This article suggests not though it is a few months old. Even so, from what I understand of BLE it's not intended for continuous use as in streaming audio. It was intended for devices to briefly exchange data so that power requirements were minimal. So a heart rate or blood pressure monitor sending data to an app. I would suggest that you would be best talking to either the supplier or manufacturer of your devices for compatibility.

Also note that this is a UK forum, so knowledge of products available on your side of the pond will be limited.

Last edited:

Panonut

Novice Member
My hearing aid manufacturer, Siemens, has a device called "Streamline" that uses BLE technology. Here's a copy from their website (I hope this isn't seen as an ad--it is not):

StreamLine TV: The ultimate in wireless streaming for movies and TV
New accessory delivers Dolby Digital sound quality streamed directly to hearing aids.

The new StreamLine TV accessory is specifically designed for the direct streaming of television sound in Dolby Digital quality to our Pure 13 BT hearing aids via 2.4 GHz Bluetooth low energy. Now hearing aid wearers can enjoy all the advantages of our leading High Definition binaural platform as well as hearing the original high-quality soundtrack of their favorite film or TV program streamed directly to their hearing aids.

Thanks for those who provided responses.
Frank

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I think they may be slightly confusing their terminology as well as the capabilities of Bluetooth!

From what I can see, they are using the BLE to set up the initial pairing and app control and then conventional bluetooth audio to receive the audio. I don't see any mention of APTX, so pretty much any transmitter should work. The only issue might be pairing them, but most transmitters will work with the common pairing codes.

Panonut

Novice Member
I tried paring the hearing with several conventional BT transmitters but no luck. I think my best bet is to buy the Streamline and use it (although they are a bit pricey.).

Thanks,
Frank

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Worth trying the pairing with a phone and noting the settings. I am guessing it uses a non standard passcode. Most dumb transmitters expect 0000 or 1234 but it's likely these use a more complex pairing mode.

Can you adjust any settings in the app?

Panonut

Novice Member
For noiseboy72--thanks for responding. I don't find any settings on either the iPhone 8 accessability settings or the Signia app on same phone.

For RBZ5416--Thanks for the link. I took a look and the unit specifications look impressive. However, I don't see anything about low energy BT that seems to be required for pairing. I think I'll leave a question on Amazon for the manufacturer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom