What Blu-ray with my setup?

DCTim

Standard Member
So the time has come to add a blu-ray player to my current setup. But after looking out there I'm completely stumped with what to choose. A few of my friends are sounding like broken records and tell me to get a PS3. I already have an xbox and it seems a waste to spend all that money on something not to use it for it's intended purpose (which I wont. I have had no intention of getting a PS3 nor any desire to).

Perhaps you awesome dudes and dudettes can help me out.

My setup and situation consists of:
- Samsung LE32B450C 32" 720p LCD TV
- Denon AVR-1910 AV Receiver
- Kef HTS2001 Fronts and centre, soon to add equal rears as well.
- Kef PSW2010 sub

My room is fairly small and is about 10'x11'. I have looked at a few but cant make up my mind. My budget is £250, but closer to £200 would be great.

The Denon DVD1800 really stands out and the reviews look good. I have also seen the Samsung BDP2500 which is on sale. I just dont know how anything differs.

I'm not looking for IMAX quality Avatar type sound and picture, but something reliable, and with good quality would be a help.

Can anyone shed some light on my AV naivity?

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
listen to you friends ;) there are some good machine available but it is down to HOW you use them.

Last edited:

DCTim

Standard Member
Why buy something and not use it for its intended purpose? The PS3 is a games machine after all, no?

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Why buy something and not use it for its intended purpose? The PS3 is a games machine after all, no?

says who?, never played a game on a PS3 in my life. I am sure Sony market it as a very different product.

DCTim

Standard Member
Ok, excluding the PS3, are there any other good choices? Surely Sony make a dedicated blu-ray player equivilent.

The Denon looks really good too

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom