What big games are coming before christmas?

Noggin1980

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been asked to make a bit of a christmas list and I'm struggling to find a good list of release dates. gameplay has some titles releaseing in a few weeks that I'm positive arn't this year.

So I've got these 2 so far on my list.
Call of duty - Modern Warfare 2 - FPS
Dragon Age - RPG

what else is coming? any good RTS? anything else to be excited about and make good use of a new pc?

Cheers

+
Diablo 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Lost Planet 2

Most of the other titles got pushed back to the beginning of next year, either because they want to optimise themselves for DX11 or because they don't want to go head to head with COD:MW2... depending on who you believe.

Ahh yeah, it's just Shopto being optimistic again on that front.

Borderlands sounded good, but after watching videos it looks too cartoony and there's no impact on things when you shoot them... so it doesn't feel satisfying. So I canceled my pre-order for that.

for me

OFP2
COD:MW2
PES2010
FM2010
DIRT 2 (DX11)

Thanks all, little disapoiting overall, hopefully dirt2 will come with my new pc since it will have 5870 in it unless something happens to change that before the 22nd of october.

You should get dirt 2 as it comes with 5870s and as you're actually buying a retail 5870 as opposed to getting a pre-built.

Be sure to make sure they give you the downlaod code/disc.

For me it's,

Borderlands
Modern Warfare 2
Dirt 2

Doesn't look like there is much happening this xmas. :(

I have to say it's a bit disappointing - many of the 'big' games this year have slipped from pre-Christmas into next year. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat, Assassin's Creed 2 (PC version), Aliens v Predator 3, Bioshock 2, Dead Rising 2, Singularity - all are now Q2 2010 :suicide:

Things aren't much better on the console side either IMHO - there just seems to be a lack of AAA games that have made it time for this year. That is fairly poor :thumbsdow

Still I still have a few games unplayed as of yet - Resident Evil 5 and Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason plus I might give Crysis another play if I end up getting a new PC this year.

It's not all bad this Xmas

Ghostbusters
Dragon Age:Origins
Startrek DAC
Serious Sam HD :thumbsup:

sux that Starcraft 2 has been pushed to next year :(

I have to say it's a bit disappointing - many of the 'big' games this year have slipped from pre-Christmas into next year. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat, Assassin's Creed 2 (PC version), Aliens v Predator 3, Bioshock 2, Dead Rising 2, Singularity - all are now Q2 2010 :suicide:

Things aren't much better on the console side either IMHO - there just seems to be a lack of AAA games that have made it time for this year. That is fairly poor :thumbsdow

Still I still have a few games unplayed as of yet - Resident Evil 5 and Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason plus I might give Crysis another play if I end up getting a new PC this year.

Yeh id agree although Uncharted 2 has just come out for the PS3 and its absolutely amazing! My game of the year so far!

I wish Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad would come out for xmas but its looking maybe Q2/3 2010 :thumbsdow

L4D2 and MW2 should keep us all busy though the festive period. :clap:

its gonna be good, if it comes out in 2011...its being pushed every year now...D3 will come earlier probably...

fookin hell Diablo 3 has been pushed to 2011 confirmed :suicide:

Starcraft 2 is still looking good for 2010....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom