what best...???

T

tian_lie

hello...

i'm christian from indonesia, and i want to ask some reccomended to drive my vienna acoustic schonber speaker.

1. Pathos ClassicOne, or
2. Primare A 30.2

thank you for your help...

tian_lie said:
hello...

i'm christian from indonesia, and i want to ask some reccomended to drive my vienna acoustic schonber speaker.

1. Pathos ClassicOne, or
2. Primare A 30.2

thank you for your help...
you do not have to state your reliegion on the forum. i dont think we want to go down that road, imho Primare A,30.2 i have a uncle who has one greatunit he ia a perfectionist and reviewed every thing at the time he bought the Primare but you should go listen your self dont you think . :(

plonky

abnett26247 said:
you do not have to state your reliegion on the forum. i dont think we want to go down that road,

I thought he was saying his name was Christian :)

Dfour

plonky said:
I thought he was saying his name was Christian :)

I think Abnett was just having a blonde moment :rolleyes:

Zigster

Standard Member
Christian,

I've just (quite literally) this minute won a pair of Schonbergs on eBay. I'll be using them with my Linn Classik which I realise seems like overkill but the research I did suggested that the Classik should be able to power them okay - if not, I'll get hold of a Linn LK85 or LK140 to up the power a bit.

Obviously, it will be a few days until I get them (and then I'm on holiday for a week) but I'll report back on how I'm getting on. I appreciate you may be looking a bit higher end than a Classik but, if the Classik works well, it may suggest that other Linn amps may work even better.

(I like funky looking speakers rather than wooden veneer boxes and I'd narrowed it down to these or Eclipse 512s - my wife shocked me when she said she wanted to test the 512s as they're pretty expensive so I'm glad I've saved about £1,500 - I can put it towards some other gadgetry with which to fill the house. :D )

Zigster

Standard Member
I've got the Schonbergs and have been listening for the last couple of days - they sound great, a real improvement over my old speakers. So the Linn seems to work fine. The chap I bought them from was powering them with Cyrus kit and had also used Teac, both of which he said worked very well too.

Not sure about the amps you mentioned as they (and the Schonbergs) are a little obscure - finding someone with that combination may be a little difficult.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom