1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what best...???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tian_lie, Feb 14, 2005.

1. tian_lie

tian_lie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello...

i'm christian from indonesia, and i want to ask some reccomended to drive my vienna acoustic schonber speaker.

1. Pathos ClassicOne, or
    2. Primare A 30.2

thank you for your help...

2. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you do not have to state your reliegion on the forum. i dont think we want to go down that road, imho Primare A,30.2 i have a uncle who has one greatunit he ia a perfectionist and reviewed every thing at the time he bought the Primare but you should go listen your self dont you think . :(

3. plonky

plonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I thought he was saying his name was Christian :)

4. tian_lie

tian_lie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh... sorry, i mean my name is CHRISTIAN

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I think Abnett was just having a blonde moment :rolleyes:

6. Zigster

Zigster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Christian,

I've just (quite literally) this minute won a pair of Schonbergs on eBay. I'll be using them with my Linn Classik which I realise seems like overkill but the research I did suggested that the Classik should be able to power them okay - if not, I'll get hold of a Linn LK85 or LK140 to up the power a bit.

Obviously, it will be a few days until I get them (and then I'm on holiday for a week) but I'll report back on how I'm getting on. I appreciate you may be looking a bit higher end than a Classik but, if the Classik works well, it may suggest that other Linn amps may work even better.

(I like funky looking speakers rather than wooden veneer boxes and I'd narrowed it down to these or Eclipse 512s - my wife shocked me when she said she wanted to test the 512s as they're pretty expensive so I'm glad I've saved about £1,500 - I can put it towards some other gadgetry with which to fill the house. :D )

7. Zigster

Zigster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Schonbergs and have been listening for the last couple of days - they sound great, a real improvement over my old speakers. So the Linn seems to work fine. The chap I bought them from was powering them with Cyrus kit and had also used Teac, both of which he said worked very well too.

Not sure about the amps you mentioned as they (and the Schonbergs) are a little obscure - finding someone with that combination may be a little difficult.