WHat Best way of Getting sky in bedroom

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have sky plus in the living room. But I want to be able to watch sky in my bedroom soon to be getting a new LCD to go on bedroom wall. I dont really want to have a mirror subscription. So what is the best way of getting sky on bedroom and be able to change channels from there too. Also I think I will only be able to use RF cable wont I?

Cheers

I have a Phillips video sender to transmit everything upstairs, not only Sky but also my DVD player, Freeview and vcr.

It is the better of the 2 models that Phillips do and has 4 scart in sockets, 2 of which are RGB, and 1 scart out.

You can also link sockets 1 2 and 3 with socket 4 which enables you to record.

You have 1 transmitter that plugs into the mains and it comes with IR blaster cables that sit in front of the IF on the equipment you wish to transmit.

You then have a receiver unit that also plugs into the mains and connects to your tv upstairs.

The only way of connecting this unit is via a scart lead. So make sure your lcd has one.

Also on the back of the transmitter, there is phono out sockets for audio if you wish to connect it to an external amp. I have recently tried these and am impressed with the outcome. I expected it to be quiet output but it is very reasonable

It works very well with a very respectable picture on a 15inch lcd but this is dependant on surrounding appliances and such like as it works on RF 2.4hz - the same frequency as mobile phones, microwaves, wireless pc stuff etc etc.

I am lucky and suffer from no interference but it is something to bear in mind.

You also get a universal remote control which you can hopefully control your tv with.

I hope this is of some help. I know there are alot of different make video senders available so the choice is yours but I have found the Phillips to be faultless in performance.

Good luck.. :rotfl:

Mine is the version up from wizbongre`s.

It`s basically the same. Just has more inputs and comes with universal remote control.

My brother has this version and again has been faultless in it`s performance.

Rookies,

The video senders work well provided that the house doesn't have very thick walls. I have installed a few and old houses / excessively thick walls have been a nightmare. Beware also wi-fi networks, they can interfere.

I pointed out the possibility of interference in my first reply from other appliances, such as wifi.

I have a 1930`s 3 bed semi with solid brick walls.

All my equipment, including the video sender transmitter, is in a cupboard under the stairs, right at the back.

The video sender receiver is at the back of the house, upstairs, right next to my wireless router and I still suffer from no interference.

I may just be very lucky..

Many thanks for your help guys.

Hmm dunno what to do, what are they Sky Eye like???

Regards
Andy

I use the Sky eye and it's a cheap and very easy solution. The picture is good on my LCD screen but just don't get to close to it. The eye works perfectly.

stripe said:
I use the Sky eye and it's a cheap and very easy solution. The picture is good on my LCD screen but just don't get to close to it. The eye works perfectly.

What size your LCD screen please and what model. As I not purchased one yet but will be in next couple of days

Cheers

Im looking for a sender that will transmit pure rgb signals to my second lcd tv, as i find composite PAL too degrading, do they excist?
or better still do digital signal senders excist, so that there is no grainy interference, the technology excists for cordless phones but what about video senders?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom