What batteries?

C

carl310166

I bought a Karmeleon 4 in 1 remote last month, and as reports suggested, it sumps batteries, so i bought some AAA rechargeables from Ebay, i fully changed them, but they don't work!

They are rated 250mah, is this way down on what is needed? I have been using normal Panasonic AAA batteries without a problem, but i don't know what power output they are.

So i would like to know, if i bought a new set of say 2500mah rechargables, would these be O.K?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gavtech

Administrator
The problem will not be the capacity, but the voltage.

Rechargables typically only output 1.2V instead of the nominal 1.5V of dry cells.

Thus if you have a pair it is only 2.4V instead of 3V... or 3.6V instead of 4.5V for three, 4.8 V instead of 6V for four - etc.

It would also appear that your remote is very sensitive to voltage. You will probably find that your ex batteries still have useful life in them for other remotes when they are finished in that one.

A workaround when using rechargables is to have an additional battery to bring up the voltage... but obviously that is not an option here.

I am afraid I cannot see a fix for this.

simon1

Despite what Gavtech says, I wouldn't give up yet.

I'm not surprised that the batteries you already have don't work. I've not seen such poorly rated batteries in years. You can now get AAA's in 1000mAh variety - certainly worth a go.

Have a look on ebay, or even Maplin.

C

carl310166

I have gone into the menu and changed the activation settings from movement to button press, i will guage how long a new set of batteries last from now on.

truscotsman72

Novice Member
I just sold my Kameleon 6 as I upgraded to a Logitech Harmony 885, but when I had the Kameleon, yep it went through batteries like no ones business. I invested in a set of Duracell rechargeables, theyre rated at 850mAH and I was getting a month out them easy. Also the Duracells I bought are NiMH, yes this makes a difference.

Im not sure if ni-cads are still available, but DONT get ni-cad. They dont hold a charge for long, life expectancy is awful and they drop their power peak too quickly. The NiMH stay at max peak til the last minute, then they run out. Get em! :smashin:

C

carl310166

I just sold my Kameleon 6 as I upgraded to a Logitech Harmony 885, but when I had the Kameleon, yep it went through batteries like no ones business. I invested in a set of Duracell rechargeables, theyre rated at 850mAH and I was getting a month out them easy. Also the Duracells I bought are NiMH, yes this makes a difference.

Im not sure if ni-cads are still available, but DONT get ni-cad. They dont hold a charge for long, life expectancy is awful and they drop their power peak too quickly. The NiMH stay at max peak til the last minute, then they run out. Get em! :smashin:
Thanks, funnily enough, i posted this morning asking for info on the Harmony 885 as i am thinking of getting one next, i just need to be sure of a few things first!

truscotsman72

Novice Member
Read my post under this remote controls thread. I just got one and it was a piece of cake to set up. Comes with battery pack and charging cradle, no more need for rechargeable cells :smashin:

Thanks, funnily enough, i posted this morning asking for info on the Harmony 885 as i am thinking of getting one next, i just need to be sure of a few things first!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom