What Bag?

SignalMan

Can any of you knowledgeably guys help me out, I'm in the market for a camera bag but to be honest I'm getting nowhere fast! I need to fit a D200 plus 70-300VR and a Sigma 17-50 pus a few filters, that's all I have at the mo but this camera bug I've caught is costing me dearly and it won't be long before I've fallen ill again and found another wallet virus so there will be at least another lens and flash.

I like the Billingham range but not their price :eek: also like the idea of the 'Slingshot' but the bag has to fit into a Top Box on a motorcycle so ideally be a shoulder or hip bag.

Any advice welcome.

Tobers

Crumpler do really good shoulder bags. How big is the top box on your bike? If it's a Givi Max 52l you wont have a problem.

Look at the Crumpler Daily range. I've just gone from a Threeseventy Daily to a Fourninety daily. Good subtle bags that aren't obviously carrying loads of camera gear.

Yandros

I'll second that actually. I'm still hunting for the perfect "D200+2 extra lenses" bag but one of the Crumpler Daily range looks promising.

If you want a nice bag for just one extra lens, the Tamrac Explorer 2 works rather well.

macker2006

I just bought the Tamrac Expedition 3 as a carry around bag, seems quite strong and is very well padded.

http://www.tamrac.com/5273.htm

It's a little snug but I fit my 400D with the Sigma 18-125 attached, the 70-300 APO, the 50mm, the 430EX Flash, filters, spare battery, cards and all the other little bits and bobs in there. You can also buy add on pouches and and so for both the bag and strap. It cost me just over £30 from Ebay.

Attachments

• tamrac.jpg
    tamrac.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 110

jonnypb

I got the Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 Backpack which is slightly bigger than the Tamrac Expedition 3. It carries my

400D
70-300IS
17-70
10-22
50 1.4
Battery Grip
Rocket blower
Filters
Memory cards
Spare batteries
Remote release cable
plus still more room for some small things

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
I just bought the Tamrac Expedition 3 as a carry around bag, seems quite strong and is very well padded.

http://www.tamrac.com/5273.htm

It's a little snug but I fit my 400D with the Sigma 18-125 attached, the 70-300 APO, the 50mm, the 430EX Flash, filters, spare battery, cards and all the other little bits and bobs in there. You can also buy add on pouches and and so for both the bag and strap. It cost me just over £30 from Ebay.

I have the Tamrac Expedition 4 and its a beauty with plenty room for more.

I have all listed at the bottom with room for more so should be more than enough for your needs.............and...................I got mine from freebay for £40 all in new delivered.:smashin::D

Cheers

icemanonline

geoff m

I've just dived back into photography again and got myself a Slingshot 100. Two of three weeks later and I've already filled it! 400D, kit lens, sigma 70-300, sigma 10-20 and that's about it with no room for packed lunch!!!

With the benefit of experience, I'd say go one size bigger than you think you might need :)

SignalMan

Cheers guys, plenty of 'Food for thought' I do like the look of the Tamrac and Trekker but also the style of the "Crumpler Daily range"

If I wasn't such a tight Yorkshire bugga I'd just go out and buy one but by the same token
'I hate waste' and the thought of a good camera bag going to waste in some cupboard after maybe half a dozen outing, gives me the heeby jeebies :rolleyes:

Think I'll trip down to my local photo shop and see if they have any of the suggested bags in stock and if they have and they aren't to much more than buying online, I'll treat my camera gear to one.

Cheers lads, I owe ye'all a Beer :smashin:

ush flynn

another vote for crumpler, invincible bags... so well made and although getting very popular for photography its not blatantly obvious what you have inside.

D

danburbridge

Domke - bit tricky to get hold of over here though.

I got mine off ebay from the states - worked out about £40quid for an F6

Great thing about them is that because they are canvas and come in typical canvas colours - ei sand or green etc - they don't really look like camera bags.
Also the have less unneccessary padding so fit the curve of your body without looking like some kind of rigid box.

*kev*

Novice Member
I got a KATA R-103 bought for me for my birthday, there's space in there for a body with a long lens attached, around 6 other lenses, a tripod holder and space for all the other essentials you need to carry round.

The bag has a 5 year warranty andseems really well built as well as being comfy to carry.

have a look here to have a look if there is anythig suitable http://www.kata-bags.com/index.asp.

Kev

Tobers

The advantage of a shoulder bag over a backpack is that you can swing the shoulder bag around to your front, fiddle with your gear, change lenses etc and then swing it to the back while you take your pics. Very versatile. Particularly useul when in a muddy field filled with cowpats like I was this evening - not a place to put a backpack down.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom