what av reciever to buy

Although many will argue that Bananaananana Plugs are better, bare wire provides the optimum contact area with the speaker terminal. Banananana Plugs can be really useful if you are regularly unplugging the system (I moved my kit the other day and it was a pain without plugs), but if you intend to setup once and leave it the plugs are just a waste of money and the money is best spent on speakers and cable.

Only drawback with bare wire is the chance of a loose thread of wire contacting the back panel and causing a short. Not a problem if your careful, but banana plugs eliminate that risk.

Hi lads,finally managed to get my speakers and amp wired and setup,any how im not sure what ive done is %100 corect heres what ive done,hdmi out 1 to tv,sky hd to hdmi 1,also optical from sky to optical in on amp,ps3 to hdmi 2,xbox to hdmi 3,does this setup give me the best results or can i do anything to improve it,i also made some changes after the speaker auto setup,set all speakers to small and changed the crossover from 160 to 80 as sugested,tried ice age on blu ray!WOW it was like being at the pictures,even my floor was vibrating im assuming that was the sub doing its job,it sounded awsome,sky also sounded prety good on hd channels but not as good as blu ray,with the sky i read something about assigning something but not sure what or how to find it,also ive tried the menu and top menu buttons and nothing happens im sure i should get sumthing on the tele or the amps display so i feel like ive not been into all the setting and menus,anybody got any ideas what i may be doing wrong,thanks

Jeff

Hi lads,finally managed to get my speakers and amp wired and setup,any how im not sure what ive done is %100 corect heres what ive done,hdmi out 1 to tv,sky hd to hdmi 1,also optical from sky to optical in on amp,ps3 to hdmi 2,xbox to hdmi 3,does this setup give me the best results or can i do anything to improve it,i also made some changes after the speaker auto setup,set all speakers to small and changed the crossover from 160 to 80 as sugested,tried ice age on blu ray!WOW it was like being at the pictures,even my floor was vibrating im assuming that was the sub doing its job,it sounded awsome,sky also sounded prety good on hd channels but not as good as blu ray,with the sky i read something about assigning something but not sure what or how to find it,also ive tried the menu and top menu buttons and nothing happens im sure i should get sumthing on the tele or the amps display so i feel like ive not been into all the setting and menus,anybody got any ideas what i may be doing wrong,thanks

Jeff

With Sky, if you watch a programme that is broadcasting in 5.1 audio, the display on the amp should say dolby digital. If it does then it seems as if you have got the two inputs associated. If it says PL11 Movie, or something like that, you're just getting stereo from Sky.

If the latter is the case and no one replies on this thread I'd post on the 2065 thread; the menu layout is different to my Yamaha and I don't have Sky; it will be quicker for someone who has Sky and a 2065 to sort you out :)

All your connections sound right.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom