1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What AV receiver of this recommend me?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stvn, Jan 7, 2005.

1. stvn

stvn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, sorry for my english.

I want to buy an AV receiver for my Home Cinema System and I´m not sure what is the best of: Pioneer VSX-AX5AI-S, Yamaha RX-V2500 or ONKYO TX-SR702E.

I Think all are very similar, except for the power (since 100W to 170W per channel), connections (Pionner have iLINK and USB connections) and prices (Pioneer model in Spain cost is 300 Eur more than Yamaha an Onkyo models. Pioneer 1.394 Eur, Yamaha 1.007 Eur and Onkyo 922 Eur).

I have a KEF 2005 surround set in 7.1 configuration.

Can somebody help me?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    :hiya: and welcome to the forums :smashin:

Your English is better then my Spanish so dont worry :D

You have chosen 3 very good amps to be looking at. We in the UK get very little coverage of the Onkyo series but its very popular in the EU. From what i heard from someone who owns it the auto setup on the Onkyo is terrible.

I would say the race is between the Pioneer and the Yamaha. If you dont need the ilink and dont plan to take advantage of it buy the Yamaha and us e the moeny saved for something else.

Is it possible to DEMO the amps as that is the only way you will realy know if you like them and the way they sound.

Sorry not to be able to be more help :zonked:

3. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    stvn,

do u have problems with lip sync? As in the sound comes before/after the mouth movements, if yes, my vote based on features/sound/value goes to 2500. 300euros is a lot of money for a insignificant advantage for the ax5i, and 702 is a very complete amp (reports from swedish forum menbers shows the sound is astonishing) but they lack the audio delay feature to eliminate lip sync problems, which is a growing problem.

But as Dfour says, do try and get a demo if u can.

Wasabi

4. EnriqueP

EnriqueP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stvn,

¿Qué tal estás?

Hey, I am also Spanish (... and in Madrid)!! - and not long ago was having almos exactly the same doubts as you have now :thumbsup:

Finally I bought the Pioneer, and it sounds great. Butmainly because I bought a Pioneer Plasma --> because of the HDMI that brought along a Pioneer 868 DVD --> and then I thought "let's make it all Pioneer".

Well.. don't take that too seriously, it was not as simple as that ;) ; in fact it took me a long time to make up my mind and study all the pros and the cons. But the thing is that I am VERY satisfied with the AX5AI-S.

By the way, I also have KEFs, but in my case it is a 7.1 setup based in the Q series.

Let me know if I can be of further help.
    Un saludo,
    -Enrique

5. henrydiez

henrydiez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2