1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What AV AMP should I buy for component only output?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Not A Clue, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I need an av receiver/amp that

> I can plug my PC shuttle, Sky+, DVD player into it via the scart and component.
    > I need this to give me around 100watts per speaker and output to 6.1 (as I have just bought the mission FS1s).

The big thing for me (as I'm wall mounting the plasma) is that I want an av amp that will convert everything to component so that the only lead between the av amp and plasma is the component leads (makes it easier to hide the cables) - i think this is possible from reading another thread :confused:

If anyone could suggest some that I could look at I would be very appreciative :lease:

BTW I'm not too concerned about HDMI as my plasma isn't high def - though some kind of PC input would be great....also want it as cheap as possible :oops:

Thanks for your help :smashin:

2. cmexec

cmexec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So N.A.C., to qualify your requirement, are you saying that you want a A/V receiver that:
    1. is rated at least 6 x 100W (note that for newer AVRs it is most likely a 7.1 channel amp)
    2. has at least 3 component inputs and at least 1 component output
    3. has scart input (at least that's what it sounds like you said just after you mentioned DVD player)
    Please clarify the above and also indicate:
    1. Your budget (e.g. has to cost no more than 700 pounds)
    2. Whether you are only considering new as opposed to used/referbished

3. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try the Yamaha RX-V657. It has 2 component inputs and one output. It can convert composite and S-Video inputs to component output. That is you need to connect all your gear to the composite, S-VHS and component inputs of this amp and the unit converts the signal to componet output that feeds to your TV. I use this amp to connect all my gear to the component input of my TH-37PA50 and all works fine.

4. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

You have my requirements spot on. I only want to spend around a couple of hundred quid (is this too little?) - Ideally would like to go for a new model but happy with refurb if it meets my budget requirements more easily :D

5. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - this looks to be about £300 quid - does anyone know of a cheaper model I could get :)

6. cmexec

cmexec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK! I had a few low-end AVR's in mind (around the 400-500 range) but with that tight a budget, I'll have to leave it up to others who are more familiar with the cheaper UK suppliers.