what audio cables do I need? sky to TV

messier0101

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,

quick question really, before I get my amp and everything else, how do I connect my sky box to my TV (Sony 40W2000) audio wise? what is the cable called? I just want normal stereo as the scart can be connected RGB. is it an RCA cable? the black and red one. :s

thanks for any help!

The sound/audio is passed through the FULLY wired Scart cable there is no separate audio connections. You only use the audio out to connect to a AV amp etc.

when I connect the Sky box to the TV via scart it's from "VCR scart" instead of "TV scart" (back of the sky box)

when I connect it via "TV scart" there is not audio coming out, and when I go to picture settings in Sky and turn in to RGB instead of PAL it does give a better picture, I was just wondering if I could then connect the sky to TV to get the audio while still getting the superior picture :confused:

However right now it is from "VCR scart" and when I change from PAL to RGB in Sky settings it makes no difference, but I do get audio.....

First off the correct connection is from SKY TV out to the TV with a fully wired SCART cable as the TV out connection is RGB enabled, the VCR output is only composite and if for connection to VCR's etc. If you are using a RGB only SCART cable you will get no sound. Have you set your preset sound settings in the SKY box to 0 or something or pressed mute on the remote?

cheers for your help...it's all sorted now. The sound comes through the TV when connecting via "tv scart" and putting the picture setting to RGB. I have no idea why it wasn't working before :confused: lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom