What area of AVForums will be most important to you in 2011?

Which areas of AVForums will be most important to you in 2011?

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
We're not thinking about removing any, but it would be interesting to know which areas hold the most attraction for people.

darkcloud2011

Novice Member
Only voted for one item before I saw it was a multiple choice poll:facepalm:

Also like the bargains, tv and computing forums.

I tend to look though all the forums though.

Would say the least important section is the lifestyle section.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Audio and Video for me, but I could easily have ticked all of them.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
We're not thinking about removing any

Why not Stuart as the forum is becoming far to difficult to navigate with the plethora of sub forums some of which I would bet get little traffic.:)

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
After a really good run over a few years we are now fully kitted out for Home cinema, photography and home computing requirements, so for 2011 at least won't be doing any big spending, and hopefully not for 2012 too.

So just chit-chat and selling old gear for me.

[touch wood]

kempez

I love reading the non-TV reviews, very interesting.

Also classifieds.

Other than that, I browse whatever I'm interested in that day, or simply what I am buying next....

PoochJD

Hi,

For me, the most important forum sections are: (in no order of preference)

- Movies and the Cinema
- On Television
- Movies and TV Shows On DVD or Download
- General Chat
- Classified Ads
- iPhone Discussion section
- iPhone Apps
- XBox Gaming

Pooch

Trist

Why not Stuart as the forum is becoming far to difficult to navigate with the plethora of sub forums some of which I would bet get little traffic.:)
I know what you mean with the rather long list of available subforums but looking at the fairly even spread of votes in the poll. It probably suggests that there isn't much fat that need trimming.

Personally I'm happy for it all to remain, there are sections that I don't visit that regularly, but then when I'm in the market for something in particular that subforum and the experts that lurk there become invaluable.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Well forums either exist because we need them or because I want to grow/promote them.
The only ones I might kill are the worldwide ones as they haven't taken off even having been given plenty of time.

I am concious of the problems of navigating through lots of forums, and that's why I created the less scary concise view of the forums.

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Joined for the AV advice, stayed for the banter. :thumbsup: Definitely the lifestyle section.

THE_FORCE

Banned
There's parts of this forum that I don't even think I've ventured into yet ! I may not need to use them, but it's nice to know that if there is a question I'd need help with then I'm 99.9% sure it'll be somewhere here.

dracuella

Standard Member
There's parts of this forum that I don't even think I've ventured into yet ! I may not need to use them, but it's nice to know that if there is a question I'd need help with then I'm 99.9% sure it'll be somewhere here.
That's my sentiment exactly. I came looking for advice and reviews of the Panasonic 2010 plasma models and found a virtual smorgasbord of all things A/V-ish. This site is my entry point whenever I have questions in that category. And it's the place I recommend all my friends and acquaintances to go prior to making A/V purchases.

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
For me, my vost viewed areas are (in no particular order):

• Editorial
  • Music, TV & Music
  • Games and Gaming
  • Classified Adverts
  • Lifestyle
However I do venture into some of the other forums on a semi regular basis for a casual browse.

delvin

Standard Member
although i have not visited the forum for some time.i enjoy the various topics and information so do not change anything . variety is the spice of life.

rogerh

For me, I'm most interested in news of forthcoming products, especially DVD/Hard Disc recording kit and TV.
I'm also interested in reviews of new and current kit.

salsatoo

Novice Member
I have generally always found good info whichever forum. Have not used all of them though.

dimsum

Standard Member
Nearly everything floats my boat but my main interest's are >

Editorial (Feedback, News, Reviews, Podcasts etc.)
Bargains and Discounts
Players and Recorders
Digital TV and Services
Audio Electronics (Amps, Speakers etc.)
Video Electronics (TVs, Projectors etc.)

Last edited:

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Movies, TV & Music for me, Usually discussing those lovely Blu discs :thumbsup: