Quantcast

What are YOUR solar PV's generating TODAY?

mikeysthoughts

13.2kWh today, and I'm lucky enough to be on the 2010 FIT which means 54.17 p/kWh and I get to double down on the smug while the sunshine lasts.

MiEJ8YP.png

jouster

13.2kWh today, and I'm lucky enough to be on the 2010 FIT which means 54.17 p/kWh and I get to double down on the smug while the sunshine lasts.

View attachment 1221352
that's good...only 7.4 here today...what size is your array...still 103 so far for the month so well ahead of the previous 8 years based on the monthly averages

mrmhf

Standard Member
Better day for us today. In that note:

On a comparable days, with blue skies and lots of light, what is the main reason why in summer the panels produce their full potential, while in November they do half? Is it the position of the sun in the sky and its consequent angle to the panels, or is there more to it?

In our case, we’d do 6kWh in summer and only peaked at 3.5kWh today.

Kitch

Terrible month for me so far! 14kW array with 118 kWh produced so far.
Bonus though is we have had a Tesla PW2 fitted couple of week ago, managed to get some solar into it today.

Last edited:

mikeysthoughts

that's good...only 7.4 here today...what size is your array...still 103 so far for the month so well ahead of the previous 8 years based on the monthly averages
The invertor states 3.9kW capacity.

mikeysthoughts

Better day for us today. In that note:

On a comparable days, with blue skies and lots of light, what is the main reason why in summer the panels produce their full potential, while in November they do half? Is it the position of the sun in the sky and its consequent angle to the panels, or is there more to it?

In our case, we’d do 6kWh in summer and only peaked at 3.5kWh today.
Partly the incident ray angle and partly the optimum operating temperature of the panels and equipment. I believe UK panels are optimal at around 15-19C air temp. In more southely latitudes they are built to have a higher optimum operating temperature, as you'd expect for warmer climates.

jouster

well this last few weeks has dented our PV production but it’s still not the worst November we've had. Another sunny day today will end the month nicely...yesterday we produced 10.5 KW so another day like that will improve the average a bit

mrmhf

Standard Member
We had a terrible November- grey, gloomy and foggy. Some how we still managed 169kWh, which surprised me. Hope December will be lighter and brighter.