What are your favourite Apps?

Dani5k

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I wanted to know what apps/ games you can recommand me or just what apps you like, favour, use often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a brief description of the app and why you like it so much would make this thread a better read?

I use the AppAdvice app every day to keep up to date with the latest apps and iphone news!

Im also addicted to Wheres My Water?

Maybe a brief description of the app and why you like it so much would make this thread a better read?

Firstly, welcome to the boards, and as you may have now seen, I have moved this thread to the Apps section.

I have however removed the lsit for the moment. As Chaos above mentions, please give a reason for your choices, to spark a debate and to encourage others, as some people like myself are slightly suspious of new posters posting a list of apps as they could simply be related to the house creating them, especially as your list contains many German apps (and two calculator apps - in a top 15 app list?)

Thanks!

Ok, thanks very much, Im sorry. Im no one who wants to do advertising for apps, I only want to know what apps you can recommand me because I would like to know more fun apps being worth the money. Additionally, I would like to mention that these 15 apps list should just be an enumeration of apps i like, no chart list. Excuse me for that. I hope its ok, if i give some reasons and explaine some features for these apps i like now. But my aim is getting information of interesting apps by you. Please name your recommandations, too.
- Instapaper:
Copying every internet site (without links), which has not so many pictures, in an offline accessable memory is really useful. I love it for saving my emails, long informing articles (e.g. wikipedia articles) and interesting stuff on the internet to read.
-Weather Pro
gives you detailed and often correct information about the weather. You can
see it for every hour of the day, preliminary possibility of snow, rain and humidity for each little town. Additionally, you can watch little animations.
- Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting
A funny action role play game similiar to the Monster Hunter editions for Psp or Wii. You get a sword, a lance or a hammer and then have to take down a dragon or another funny creature. Diference to the other MH games: Showing life of enemie, damage of every hit, using dodge and perform slash attacks then combat technique, almost disabled items. The Coop mode is much fun.
- Plants vs Zombies
Great tower defense like game with many plants with unique well balanced features are taking out approaching zombies whose aim is to occupy your lawn. Funny story, nice modes, different maps, cool plants, nice tactics.
- Alive 4ever Returns
Cool coop supporting top down tipstick shooter which wants you to kill lots of weak zombies. Lots of items, skills, guns, different waves.

Currently my favourite is "Code Guess" based on the old Masternind board game.
mastermind.jpg

If we're talking about useful apps, I'd say Twitter, Shazam, Evernote, Apple's Remote app, Sky Sports Football Score Centre are my favourite/most used. The Amazon app is up there, too, but it's dangeros because it's so easy to spend money.

As for games, I go in phases. A while ago, I couldn't stop playing Tiger Woods 2012 and NBA Jam, before that I was addicted to Plants vs Zombies, Tiny Wings and Fruit Ninja. The only two games which have really grabbed me were Broken Sword and Guardian Saga, which I played right through without really playing anything else.

Games I thought would really grab me but haven't include SFIV, Monkey Island and World of Good, though think I need to give them some decent time.

Oh thanks, flashy, some really nice recommandations!! Especially guardian saga and monkey island seem to be cool underestimated games.
But what about Minecraft/Terraria-like games? For me Minecraft PE isnt that fun yet. Too less blocks, a lack of features.
I sometimes play Crafted or Eden but these games dont really persuade me.
Do you guys like one of those ones? Or whats your prefered racing game?
Which Zombies game can you recommand me? I love coop wave killing zombie games like CoM DS or Alive 4ever returns or Zombieville 2. Do you know other cool zombie games?

What happened to the poll thingy that everybody nominated for a while back? Did I miss the actual poll?

Oh God, I just had a ton of memories come flooding back seeing that Mastermind game.

Oh please!!! I hate fn EA!! Origins is the biggest fail theyve ever imposed. Between they messed up Tetris. However, i asked you about games YOU PERSONALLY can recommand me. You cant tell me youre loving the entire EA deal of the week list. I wanted to know which specific games you guys enjoy and would recommend.
Anyhow your idea was good, thanks.

I'm going to get repetitive and ask again: did I miss the results of the poll that was running earlier in the year? I can find the nominations but am not sure where the results are :confused:

Thanks

what is the consensus on gps satnav apps? I have £40+ credit on my account at the moment and as an android convert I'm missing google navigation.

Is tomtom the best or just playing on its brand name? Navigon, free ones?

Thanks, Matt.

I chose to get Navigon when the price dropped and also had very good reviews compared to TomTom aswell. Used it for 3 years now and never let me down!

navigon is £20 more than tom tom at the mo, so think I'll go for tomtom and save the pennies.

I take it 39.99 is as cheap as it will be?

Thanks, Matt.

Didn't realise that! Then go with what you know. I chose Navigon due to the deal and many thought it better than TomTom at the time. Would have bought TomTom if pricing was the other way around mind you.

I'm going to get repetitive and ask again: did I miss the results of the poll that was running earlier in the year? I can find the nominations but am not sure where the results are :confused:

Thanks

Coming 'Soon' according to SW's last post here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/ipho...s-best-iphone-app-voted-avforums-members.html

I think it's safe to say we wont be seeing the results, too much has changed since the last nomination nearly three months ago, including a major iOS revision, new hardware and numerous applications updated to make the most of them.

My favourite apps are quite simple really:

Navigon for Navigation - With the Euro 'My Maps' option it is the best all-rounder and most flexible in terms of content, IMO.

Sky News - Simple to use and navigate, light on data (for use out and about).

Sky Sports - All-round sports news, scores and tables in one App.

iFooty - For Football push notifications. It's not the quickest, but the notifications are more detailed than it's rivals which is great for knowing what has happened, rather than just something has happened.

Engadget - Light heated Tech news.

Last edited:
If we're talking about useful apps, I'd say Twitter, Shazam, Evernote, Apple's Remote app, Sky Sports Football Score Centre are my favourite/most used. The Amazon app is up there, too, but it's dangeros because it's so easy to spend money.

Re the Sky Sports Football Score Centre App. I was reading reviews in the store and people are saying that it was great until the latest version and then it's ruined! Have you got the latest version of this? I was going to download it but don't want to bother if it doesn't work properly.

Code Guess is a great find...thanks.

It does bring back some great memories of playing this in my younger days.:thumbsup:

My favourite apps are:

Hippo Remote - Great remote for controlling PC with profiles for different program's, XBMC, Firefox, iTunes etc.

Sky News - The news app I use most although wish there was more topics i.e technology

Flipboard - Brilliant app for news on different topics in a magazine format. Only negative is quite American focused.

Whatsapp - Really good to keep in touch with people with pictures and not having to pay MMS

Eurosport Live Scores - Found it quick for footy scores with push notifications.

Pocket life calendar - Like native calendar but with different view options and the option to create appointments to repeat four weekly, every third week etc and the ability so set alarm more than 2 days before event

IMDB - For all your movie info.

AVForums app obviously :p

On a serious note, I use Pulse News every day - great news reader :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom