What are your favourite 2-channel tweaks for under £100?

I haven't been on these forums in 2022 much as since Christmas my right ear has been out of action thanks to a blocked Eustachian tube. Thanks to some steriods its coming back now but the tinnitus is dreadful still. Hoping it setles down as at the moment I might as well be listening on one of these
1643623365525.png
-

Some of us spend great lengths on our hi fi systems with the aim of the best imaging and sound quality and positioning speakers to the nearest millimetre equal distance apart but what about health and hearing. how sure are we that both ears are exactly equal.

Not my intention to joke about tinnitus. It must be dreadful!😞.

Just trying to lighten the mood with this video. As you can see Father Jack has excellent hearing.

My mrs says to me about this as im always trying to better the systum yet every yr i fell my hearing test in wrk

Well I have only one working Ear - since birth. I’m sure it allows me to configure my speaker positions etc. very unconventionally in ways that some might consider ‘hi-fi blasphemy’ but it works for me.

how sure are we that both ears are exactly equal.
Sonarworks SoundID measures your hearing ability with 10 mins of tests to test out your hearing in each ear, coming up with a compensation curve for each ear. The app was recommended to EQ my headphones, so ended up using it. Might be worth a shot in case you're looking for a non-medical test.

Tried these silicon dots on my rega p3 after various matts and i find it really helps with dust and static and sounds good. And very cheap off ebay.View attachment 1645519

I did exactly this a few years ago to one of my old turntables and it definitely makes a difference to the sound, definitely worth trying.

Re the ear wax problem, I used to regularly get my lug holes syringed and it's quite amazing the level of detail you can hear afterwards, I have since found the best way NOT to have to go through this horrible procedure anymore is - do not EVER stick tissues/ or cotton buds in your ears to dry them after baths and showers you will just push the wax and debris in further clogging them up, just get the worst of the water out with a thin towel and little finger and then just leave it, any water left will drain out by itself. Not needed to have them syringed now for 5 years and everything is still clear as a bell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom