• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What are you watching this Halloween?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
If you need some ideas for what DVDs to watch around 31st October, then look no further than our Halloween roundup. There are some awesomely detailed reviews in there already and we have more coming soon.

Jim McC

Standard Member
I can't believe you haven't named the BEST movie to watch on halloween. And that is "Halloween" by John Carpenter. Starring a very young Jamie Lee Curtis. The sequels all suck, make sure you get the first one.

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
Shutter in 6.1 is a must. :eek:

Seth Gecko

retired member
The Halloween section is reviewers recommendations/favourite scary movies.

Land of the Dead review should be up also in time for Halloween !

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Think I'll give the Grudge (Jap version) a watch this halloween as I still haven't seen it.

Surpsied there's no 'Exorcist' on the list!

Seth Gecko

retired member
Tejstar said:
Surpsied there's no 'Exorcist' on the list!
Sadly this isn't my quote, but sums up the Exorcist.

"If you are a believer in the Christian faith, this is a very scary movie about demonic possession of a young girl. If you aren't, this is a movie about a girl who shakes about on the bed a bit."

Guess which part I agree with ;)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
That's fair enough Seth. I think there are scarier movies out there, but I have to admit, the first time I saw it it scaried the bejeebus out of me!

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
The Exorcist is hilarious...went to the cinema a few years ago when it was re-released and the whole room was in fits laughing at it...very funny, not scary at all. Oh, and very boring...long and drawn out too...

MacReady

Well Land of the Dead is on it's way from Movietyme for me and missus to watch and I think I will get the kids to watch Halloween as they have been daring each other for ages to watch it :D

MacReady

**Edit** Double post, sorry.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Adrenochrome said:
Agreed i went to see this when it was re-released and promptly fell asleep :)

You guys must have hard-stomachs!
002.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom