What are you still waiting for on Blu-ray Disc?

Baraka (1992) in Full 4K UHD HDR & Dolby Atmos Glory, please..

Baraka seems a no Brainer given it was the first film scanned in 8K years ago. Although with technology moving on it may benefit from a newer scan who knows.

Waiting better restaurations of:

Gone with the Wind ...
Romeo and Juliet (Zeffirelli) ...
What's wrong with the current restoration of 'Gone With The Wind'? It's a regarded as a superb transfer and one of the best restorations of a classic title, with Warner doing their usual excellent job with this current 8K scan. So don't expect them to revisit this for another restoration.

What's wrong with the current restoration of 'Gone With The Wind'? It's a regarded as a superb transfer and one of the best restorations of a classic title, with Warner doing their usual excellent job with this current 8K scan. So don't expect them to revisit this for another restoration.
Indeed! Nothing wrong with the transfer, just needs an hdr pass and putting on the best format.

Decent blu ray releases of John Woo’s Hong Kong films - A Better Tomorrow (and its sequel), The Killer and Hard Boiled (I know about the Ebay rips but I’d like official releases).

Also, don‘t know if True Lies or The Abyss has been mentioned?

Also, don‘t know if True Lies or The Abyss has been mentioned?
They're always in our hopes and dreams...

There is a Spanish release of TL, but I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought the dialogue in it was exceptional.

The Fan (1996) DeNiro + Snipes (Dir Tony Scott)

Probably due to its low rating on IMDB that it hasn't been given any love on the BR format, so guess will never find it come out in 4K 😢

Copland (1997) DeNiro + Stallone + Liota + Keitel

Another that needs an outing in both formats...

Both formats? Cop Land is available on blu ray, my copy is due another watch soon.
Ahh, that's why I couldn't find it on Blu-ray.com cause it's two words when I always thought it was one! Thanks... :laugh:

Not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought the dialogue in it was exceptional.

Probably due to its low rating on IMDB that it hasn't been given any love on the BR format, so guess will never find it come out in 4K 😢

The Fan was released on Blu-ray a while ago in Australia. Still available on eBay.

No idea if its any good, and only the Blu-ray, but there is a The Fan German steelbook edition:

Amazon product ASIN B0751F53WS

No idea if its any good, and only the Blu-ray, but there is a The Fan German steelbook edition:

Amazon product ASIN B0751F53WS
Yeah, not quite sure what I'm gonna get there bruce...

Supposedly it's starring Wesley Snipes & Jimmy Smitts..??
Also, it looks like it's been given plenty of love with a DTS 2.0 Stereo soundtrack. Lovely!!
:laugh:
Might be too risky and might actually look and sound better on VHS.

Yeah, not quite sure what I'm gonna get there bruce...

Supposedly it's starring Wesley Snipes & Jimmy Smitts..??
Also, it looks like it's been given plenty of love with a DTS 2.0 Stereo soundtrack. Lovely!!
:laugh:
Might be too risky and might actually look and sound better on VHS.

Didn’t you know Jimmy Smits is German for Robert De Niro? :D

Didn’t you know Jimmy Smits is German for Robert De Niro? :D
Appears I need to brush up on my Deutsche :laugh:

Blu-ray.com confirms the following for the steel book edition.

English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
1080p

Good enough for me.
Trigger pulled, although I hope I clicked on all the right buttons. All the yellow ones right?
Not going to be happy if I inadvertently signed up for a year's Amazon Prime de..!!

Thanks

Appears I need to brush up on my Deutsche :laugh:

Blu-ray.com confirms the following for the steel book edition.

English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
1080p

Good enough for me.
Trigger pulled, although I hope I clicked on all the right buttons. All the yellow ones right?
Not going to be happy if I inadvertently signed up for a year's Amazon Prime de..!!

Thanks

You should be ok. Do you use UK/English Amazon much? It’s basically the same format? I ordered off amazon.de recently - my German goes as far as car brands - and didn’t have any issues. :)

You should be ok. Do you use UK/English Amazon much? It’s basically the same format? I ordered off amazon.de recently - my German goes as far as car brands - and didn’t have any issues. :)
Yeah, its all good.. Just had two browsers open at the same time, one from each geolocation to reference that I was correctly clicking on the right option. :)

Yeah, its all good.. Just had two browsers open at the same time, one from each geolocation to reference that I was correctly clicking on the right option. :)
If you use Google Chrome as the browser it should translate everything on the fly. Very useful

If you use Google Chrome as the browser it should translate everything on the fly. Very useful
Always use chrome, and on that occasion, it didn't. Maybe I have something disabled? I'll look into it. Thanks

UK release of the Species Quadrilogy, I know it's been done by SF but the prices are silly. I also know these movies are pants but I obviously love pants because I love these movies!

UK release of the Species Quadrilogy, I know it's been done by SF but the prices are silly. I also know these movies are pants but I obviously love pants because I love these movies!

Yes, I also loved them A LOT (maybe too much) back in the day. ;)

Tis has arrived folks... Although having come from Germany, has arrived before two other discs I ordered from Zavvi a day earlier than this one? Still waiting for them....?? :mad:

Attachments

• The Fan 1996.jpeg
    The Fan 1996.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 26
Tis has arrived folks... Although having come from Germany, has arrived before two other discs I ordered from Zavvi a day earlier than this one? Still waiting for them....?? :mad:

Zavvi!

I know.. never used them before but they had good deals on the other two discs I wanted. discount for buying two etc...
Likely I won't use them again to be fair.
I miss the old ever reliable play.com back in the day 😢

I know.. never used them before but they had good deals on the other two discs I wanted. discount for buying two etc...
Likely I won't use them again to be fair.
I miss the old ever reliable play.com back in the day 😢

There’s a thread on here about problems experienced buying from them - particularly since before, during and after Christmas. It has been claimed that they‘ve been sending dispatched emails before anything has been dispatched. I used to use them quite a bit but it’ll mostly be Amazon or HMV online now (since the demise of Zoom in its previous incarnation).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom