What are you still waiting for on Blu-ray Disc?

This one?

I picked that up in Poundland.

Bri
Lol no, but I did get excited when I saw this in poundland myself recently. It's the one with Reece Witherspoon and Caster Troy's brother. Neat little underrated thriller I reckon. Might have to dig out my R1 DVD and give it a rewatch.

I'll nominate Breakdown and Cassavettes' Gloria to the list too

Last edited:
I want "Cast a Deadly Spell" and "The Ghost And The Darkness" on bluray. I have TG&TD on dvd, put it in and was appalled at the grainy PQ on my new 4k 55", had to turn it off after about a minute :-(

edit - oh yeah, and I want the 'ing clearance issues sorted out on iZombie so I can get Season 4 >:-(

I gave up in the end of waiting for a blu ray release UK or US,of The Ghost and the Darkness,so went for the German remaster blu ray,which i thought was very good P/Q,and are glad i did.

Just a pity the ratio on the remaster is Aspect ratio: 2.10:1,instead of Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1.

:)

The Music of Chance is long overdue a Blu-Ray release. It's not even available on iTunes or Netflix.

Still waiting for these ones:

1. The Limey
2. Deep Cover
3. Ricochet
4. The Beach
5. The Golden Child
6. Unlawful Entry
7. Stakeout

Last edited:
The time machine 2002
The hole
Ricochet
Never understand why these aren't out, the dvds look pretty ropey these days and I could do with the upgrade.

Double Team
Knock Off
Nowhere To Run
True Lies
The Abyss
Scooby Doo (All Live Action Movies)
Cool Runnings
Legally Blonde 2
Short Circuit 2
Dangerous Minds
Dog Soldiers
Tenacious D Pick Of Destiny
Crossroads (Britney)
Battle Royale 2
Naked Weapon
Initial D Drift Racer
Ju-On The Grudge
Ju-On The Gridge 2

Double Team
Knock Off
Nowhere To Run
True Lies
The Abyss
Scooby Doo (All Live Action Movies)
Cool Runnings
Legally Blonde 2
Short Circuit 2
Dangerous Minds
Dog Soldiers
Tenacious D Pick Of Destiny
Crossroads (Britney)
Battle Royale 2
Naked Weapon
Initial D Drift Racer
Ju-On The Grudge
Ju-On The Gridge 2

Good news! Double Team, Scooby Doo, Cool Runnings, Legally Blonde 2, Nowhere to Run, Short Circuit 2 and Dog Soldiers have all been released on Blu-ray.

Last edited:
wouldn't mind a good bluray of Bat*21

Apart from the obvious things like True Lies a lot of classic Hong Kong and Korean cinema is yet to make it to Blu. Some Jackie Chan has while some are excellent some are aweful upscales of the DVD.

However there is one that I am sure I am the only one that is holding out for, the 1991 Scott Bakula classic Necessary Roughness.

Justin Long comedy Accepted has yet to get a blu ray release, it was released on HD-DVD, but no blu ray yet

Is it time for my annual review? Yes! Yes, I believe it is.

Browning Version, The (1951) STILL NO SIGN
Conspiracy (2001) STILL NO SIGN
From Beyond the Grave STILL NO SIGN
Fury
(1936) STILL NO SIGN
House That Dripped Blood, The - Now out in the states
Lust for a Vampire STILL NO SIGN
Play It Again, Sam STILL NO SIGN
Set-Up, The STILL NO SIGN
Seventh Victim, The STILL NO SIGN
Swimming Pool
(2003) STILL NO SIGN
Whose Life is it Anyway? STILL NO SIGN
Z STILL NO SIGN

In anyone's book, that's a p*ss poor year.

I think the closest we've got to a new hint of anything there is Shout Factory in the US releasing Curse of the Cat People and The Body Snatcher, making The Seventh Victim fairly likely in the next year or two.

I emailed Second Sight, who release the UK DVD of The Browning Version, but they said they have no plans for a Blu-ray. I think Paramount have farmed out a few titles in the US, so Play it Again, Sam is maybe possible. And anything Warner is obviously possible from WAC.

But one new title in 12 months is quite depressing. Still, a few films not on my list popped up, including the previously rumoured The Wrong Box, and the classic ghost story The Changeling.

Here's to a better 2019.

Hmm, things have picked up a pace!

Browning Version, The (1951) STILL NO SIGN
Conspiracy (2001) STILL NO SIGN
From Beyond the Grave STILL NO SIGN NOW OUT ON WAC IN THE STATES
Fury
(1936) STILL NO SIGN
House That Dripped Blood, The - Now out in the states AND THE UK
Lust for a Vampire NOW OUT IN THE STATES AND THE UK
Play It Again, Sam STILL NO SIGN
Set-Up, The
ANNOUNCED IN THE STATES BY WAC
Seventh Victim, The STILL NO SIGN
Swimming Pool
(2003) STILL NO SIGN
Whose Life is it Anyway? STILL NO SIGN
Z STILL NO SIGN

That's 3 more down this year (so far) and now just 8 to go.

We're getting there.

1. Browning Version, The (1951) - Come on Criterion, come on Second Sight
2. Conspiracy (2001) - Amazon are streaming this in HD...but only in the US
3. Fury (1936) - WAC are doing great work, so I hope this comes soon. They've put out lots of noir, and Fritz Lang
4. Play It Again, Sam - Paramount, so who knows. Eureka/MoC?
5. Seventh Victim, The - Along with the aforementioned Curse of the Cat People and The Body Snatcher, Shout Factory have added Lewton's Leopard Man, so I'm very hopeful.
6. Swimming Pool
(2003) - Out in Germany...but with no English subs for the French parts
7. Whose Life is it Anyway? - Still hoping for WAC
8. Z - Still hoping for Criterion to revisit this one

Guilty pleasure movie that I'm still waiting for:
Three Men and a Baby

3000 Miles to Graceland is being released in the US on 19/11. That's another one off my list!

To finish off my Robert Altman collection: UK release of The Player and Short Cuts (preferably with the 'Luck Trust & Ketchup' doc) please. Come on, Criterion, pull your finger out!

And, of course, The Abyss. (Yawn.)

Gung-Ho, 80's Michael Keaton movie would good to have on Blu-ray

FIST
The Stallone film from the late 70’s. Had a release in other territories it not here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom