What are you still waiting for on Blu-ray Disc?

Cant wait for Munich. Wish they would hurry up with that one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU]Prometheus - Official Trailer [TRUE HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I am waiting for this.

I really wish Volver would get a region B release. Its been out in the US for years and is locked. The Spanish release appears to only have Spanish and German subtitles.

I believe this is getting a limited 3000 run by the same US company who did 'Fright Night' recently in the US. silly idea :(

Will that be available on Amazon? Silly money?

Steve W

Rollerball original (James Caan).:(
This Island Earth.
The Creature From The Black Lagoon.
War Of The Worlds original.
The Time Machine original.
Early Universal Horrors (All)
When Worlds Collide.

and many, many more.

I'd really like Roger Corman's Poe adaptations The Masque of the Red Death and Pit and the Pendulum.

I'd really like Roger Corman's Poe adaptations The Masque of the Red Death and Pit and the Pendulum.

Me too! The DVD's still look pretty good considering so hopefully a blu would look even better. And the two Dr Phibes films too while theyre at it. And Theatre of Blood. And The Raven too! :)

:smashin:+2. Nic Roeg's beautiful cinematography for The Masque Of The Red Death would look stunning on blu-ray, if given a decent transfer.

Hamlet - Mel Gibson one.

Some news on The Abyss and True Lies.

According to the digitalbits, this is most definitely on it's way this year.

EDit

Sometime next year!

Last edited:
Will that be available on Amazon? Silly money?

Steve W

I know some people got the Fright Night BD from Amazon via Twilight Time's reseller account on there, so assume this will be the case again for 'As Good As It Gets' but it will go fast as with only 3000 to sell, allocation will fill up quick. Its a June release AFAIK. Not sure when pre-sale is though. I'm hoping a UK distributor will pick it up and not be limited like this US release

Devil's Advocate is another one that springs to mind, which should be on Blu...

The Iron Giant, please.

Devil's Advocate is another one that springs to mind, which should be on Blu...
I think that might be a problem. The CGI that was added after the original dvd release might not stand up to HD. Hopefully they could release the original version again.

I think that might be a problem. The CGI that was added after the original dvd release might not stand up to HD. Hopefully they could release the original version again.

That was only on the American version though I believe because it violated an art work yes?

I believe the only way to see the original version was to see it at the cinema or 1st wave of US laserdisc/dvd release.
I've only seen the original (US) laserdisc and the reissue (US) dvd. The version recently on uk tv was the "reworked" version.

Last edited:
Where is the great escape? I want to see wee Archie Ives in glorious hd.

Region B releases of Yojimbo and Seven Samurai would be nice.

Joint Security Area would be near the top of my list as well.

Hi,

For anyone who is interested, I've now found out why the Director's Cut of CINEMA PARADISO isn't out on Blu-Ray anywhere yet...

... It's due to the fact that no HD master has been prepared in Italy, and until it does, there's not going to be a Blu-Ray release of this amazing version of the movie anywhere around the globe. :(

Until a suitable HD master is prepared, we've all got to stick with the standard Theatrical/International Version of the film in HD... which, as good as it is, just isn't the full CINEMA PARADISO for me. I'm glad I've got the Arrow CINEMA PARADISO DVD boxed set, that contains both versions of the film, extras, and the soundtrack to tide me over with, but someone needs to get an HD master struck pronto!

Pooch

Hi,

For anyone who is interested, I've now found out why the Director's Cut of CINEMA PARADISO isn't out on Blu-Ray anywhere yet...

... It's due to the fact that no HD master has been prepared in Italy, and until it does, there's not going to be a Blu-Ray release of this amazing version of the movie anywhere around the globe. :(

Until a suitable HD master is prepared, we've all got to stick with the standard Theatrical/International Version of the film in HD... which, as good as it is, just isn't the full CINEMA PARADISO for me. I'm glad I've got the Arrow CINEMA PARADISO DVD boxed set, that contains both versions of the film, extras, and the soundtrack to tide me over with, but someone needs to get an HD master struck pronto!

Pooch

Here Here. Yes, I'm the same. Quite happy to stick with my sd version until sense is seen

Couple of disney films I'd love on blu - One of our Dinosaurs is Missing (absolutely love Peter Ustinov) and Jungle Book. Had the soundtrack on LP as a kid and still my fave disney film to this day.

Ustinov is brilliant in Disney's Blackbeard's Ghost too. I reckon that would look good in HD on blu-ray. It has an almost Hammer films vivid colour look to the cinematography.

Finally! I never even bought it on DVD because it was non-anamorphic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom