What are you Hitachi 32PD5200 settings

jedi-jae

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curious really, I've tinkered with mine since I got it last month and on the whole I'm happy but I do find myself still messing about now and then. Out of interest I wondered what other owners had theirs set at.

Pretty sure mine, from memory, are:

contrast - 13
brightness - 8
colour - 2

These are for Freeview, the settings are different for games (AV2) and DVD (AV1). I am wondering about purchasing the DVE calibration DVD, though surely it's down to personal opinion on what the best settings are? Does this DVD really help that much? And as I have different settings for each input, won't the calibration disc end up with all inputs the same, which just won't work in my experience.

I was sceptical about the DVE disc but it does work! You can always use it to get good base settings then tweak it to your personal taste.

As for all inputs being the same, not sure how your TV works but mine remembers all settings individually for each input.

Yes, mine does store the different settings for each input, but surely if you use this DVD it will always steer you to one set up? How can it give you a different result for DVD, games and tv viewing?

Ah I see what you mean.

I calibrated from DVD (obviously) then copied the settings to the other inputs, then tweaked until I was happy. I found that the base levels from the DVD were a good starting point...also things like turning the sharpness right down (and other stuff thats explained on the disc) helped a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom