What Are You Currently Listening To And On What? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio 1's Live Lounge 2012 on the laptop.

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes (FLAC)...

Equipment: as below

John Scofield, Barbican, London 2001 (Radio 3 FM broadcast)

On the iPod & Dock, NAD C315BEE Amp, Tannoy Eyris speakers, at my desk in the study

Just got this as a Christmas present on Snowflake vinyl.Rehearsal session from Band of Gypsies Jimi Hendrix Called. Jimi Hendrix Merry Christmas And Happy new Year

Dave Brubeck Quartet ~ In Concert at Carnegie Hall (Feb. '63). From 1973 until 2010, my No. 1 album was Focus III. Then I discovered this and it became my joint No. 1 album. The best concert recording I've ever heard.
------------
Home system (Wadia 8 CD transport/Bryston BDA-1 D:AC/Sony JE510 MD deck/Bryston BP26 pre/Bryston 7B-SST power amp's/PMC IB2 speakers/PurePower mains reconditioner/2 custom Mana platforms/Van Damme Tour Grade Classix XKE interconnects with Neutrik XLR's/Van Damme 6mm stranded copper speaker cables and assorted power cords).

In the wake of much exploration of possible alternatives, my next scheduled purchase (when I've managed to save the dosh) is a Bryston 10B-SUB which will enable me to reactivate my Lyngdorf SDA-2175 power amp and Lyngdorf W210 sub's. Nearly there!

Andy Summers ~ World Gone Strange (1991).
-------------
Home system

Haydn Piano Concertos on Naxos label...sparkling elegance.

Just listening to the latest Mojo magazine freebie, Marr and Friends. Pretty good this one, much better than last months Rumours Revisited which I thought was dire (though I notice Mojo have printed a letter from someone saying how good it was, surprise, surprise)

Jen Chapin - Revisions : The Songs Of Stevie Wonder

SACD on the OPPO BDP-105EU through PMC/Bryston :smashin:

Free - Heartbreaker (FLAC)...

Equipment: as below

Rachmaninov, Piano Concerto 2 - Jorge Bolet, Montreal SO under Dutoit

On the iPod & Dock, NAD C315BEE Amp, Tannoy Eyris speakers, at my desk in the study

Transatlantic; The Whirlwind, live at Shepherd's Bush

Pat Metheny ~ Rejoicing (1984). With Charlie Haden (ac. bass) and Billy Higgins (drums). The nearly 10 minute long track, The Calling, is a rather ghastly 'free' (for which read totally devoid of melody) jazz affair that I for one simply cannot abide, but what remains is definitely interesting.
-------------
Home system

Bill Fay - Life Is People

My album of the year, one of those albums that I think I will still be playing in 10 years time.

The Who ~ Who's Next (1971). Another (still) classic album over 40 years old, recorded in part at the now sadly defunct Olympic Studios in Barnes which, for many years, I vaguely planned to visit someday just to see where Focus III was committed to tape. Oh well, the passing of an iconic facility.
-------------
Home system

Gomez, In our gun . Cd of the week for me ;-)

Lee Morgan - Charisma
On loud! Blue Note LP on my Platine Verdier Hadcock and Decca C4E. Fab!
My favourite jazz trumpeter. Shame his common law wife took a dislike to him - she shot him in a jazz club in NY in 1972.

Charlie

"Jazz is Dead" - Documentary on BBC Radio 4, via Squeezebox,NAD C315BEE Amp, Tannoy Eyris speakers, at my desk in the study

The title should probably have a question mark, as it's more of an enquiry than a statement. (Is Jazz Dead? to paraphrase....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom