What are you addicted to ?.

jonna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently I'm addicted to DIY (so everyone tells me), even though I don't enjoy it I love the end results.

the internet and exercise...

sex too...

Can you be addicted to something and not enjoy it.....?
Seems like an oxymoron, surely addiction goes with enjoyment?

procrastinating

Can you be addicted to something and not enjoy it.....?
Seems like an oxymoron, surely addiction goes with enjoyment?

I'd have to disagree with that. If we're talking a serious addiction then surely it becomes a dependence just to function 'normally', perhaps it became about through pleasure but ends up about avoiding pain.

caffeine, just glad i hate coffee. Trying to cut fizzy drinks out now

yeah, I hated cigarettes in the end...I was thinking what's the point?

Insert quotes not working...
In response to Bluedroog, fair comment, an addiction such as alcoholism goes way past enjoyment.
But when the OP says "I'm addicted to DIY even though I don't enjoy it", it seems a bit odd to me.

Crack, Coke, Horse, Valium....

quote -
'
In response to Bluedroog, fair comment, an addiction such as alcoholism goes way past enjoyment.
But when the OP says "I'm addicted to DIY even though I don't enjoy it", it seems a bit odd to me.
'

quote not working for me either...

but going back to your point...the OP's a woman haha..! but I think its just a means to an end as in she likes she end result rather than the activity itself..?

Might have used the wrong word 'Addicted' but not such a big deal to make an issue out of it.
What I enjoy is the planning part where my mind works overtime, the actual DIY part I don't find enjoyable but the finished result makes up for it.

Last edited:
Going out driving just for the fun of it.

Junk food.

Like someone else said, not great when you are trying to slim down a little. Lol

Nicotine

In no particular order: Ice cream, Fifa 14, Carbs in general (Bread in particular), watching Liverpool FC, seeing the Mrs with nothing on.

Buying stuff.
Gaming.
possibly Street Photography :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom