What are you addicted to ?.

jonna

Distinguished Member
Apparently I'm addicted to DIY (so everyone tells me), even though I don't enjoy it I love the end results.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Can you be addicted to something and not enjoy it.....?
Seems like an oxymoron, surely addiction goes with enjoyment?

bluedroog

Can you be addicted to something and not enjoy it.....?
Seems like an oxymoron, surely addiction goes with enjoyment?

I'd have to disagree with that. If we're talking a serious addiction then surely it becomes a dependence just to function 'normally', perhaps it became about through pleasure but ends up about avoiding pain.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Insert quotes not working...
In response to Bluedroog, fair comment, an addiction such as alcoholism goes way past enjoyment.
But when the OP says "I'm addicted to DIY even though I don't enjoy it", it seems a bit odd to me.

Exemplar

Banned
Crack, Coke, Horse, Valium....

reiteration

Distinguished Member
quote -
'
In response to Bluedroog, fair comment, an addiction such as alcoholism goes way past enjoyment.
But when the OP says "I'm addicted to DIY even though I don't enjoy it", it seems a bit odd to me.
'

quote not working for me either...

but going back to your point...the OP's a woman haha..! but I think its just a means to an end as in she likes she end result rather than the activity itself..?

jonna

Distinguished Member
Might have used the wrong word 'Addicted' but not such a big deal to make an issue out of it.
What I enjoy is the planning part where my mind works overtime, the actual DIY part I don't find enjoyable but the finished result makes up for it.

Last edited:

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Going out driving just for the fun of it.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Junk food.

Like someone else said, not great when you are trying to slim down a little. Lol

maxwell

Distinguished Member
Nicotine

DJMS

In no particular order: Ice cream, Fifa 14, Carbs in general (Bread in particular), watching Liverpool FC, seeing the Mrs with nothing on.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett