What are verticle angles like on modern lcd tv's?

harry27

Standard Member
Hi guys:hiya:, I humbly request your advice,

I am looking to replace an old 21” CRT TV, which seems to be nearing its end colours are going funny etc.

The CRT is placed on a flat corner shelf mounted about 5ft 8 high with a sofa about 2 metres away along the opposite wall (it’s a rectangular room).

Ideally I would like to just put a 24-26” LCD in its exact place as i can't really move any furniture around the room. There is a large window behind the sofa which lets in a lot of light, I don’t know it this will affect the viewing experience.

What are viewing angles like on LCD TVs, would I have to get a wall mount installed, or should it be ok that far up on a flat shelf.
Any help would be much appreciated, please ask away if you need any more info.

thanks in advance

NX3

Viewing angles depend on make / model and thus the panel used. The best advise would be to go to a superstore like Comet, Currys or John Lewis where you can view as many as you can at once. IPS panels, mainly used by Panasonic, have good view angles.

harry27

Standard Member
thanks for your reply NX3, can you or anybody else recommend some 26" lcds tvs that might fit the bill, i will have a look round town later but a recommendation would be greatly recieved, i am unfortunatly prone to picking duff electronics

NX3

Sony 26EX320 has a LG IPS panel (I own), its not bad but not as good as Panasonic IPS-Alpha panels.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom