what are top 5 speaker brands?

hiren43

Standard Member
Reaction score
i want to upgrade my old audio system consisting of yamaha receiver and speakers, onkyo sub woofer sl-105.
so the first step is to upgrade old yamaha speakers. i read somewhat and found 3 good brands i.e klipsch, bose and b&w.
what really best brands for speakers. i wall mount the speakers i n living room. i have 46' bravia 3d. i watch movies, listen music and play games on ps3.
uploadfromtaptalk1397132568022.jpg

Not sure what you read but would not put Bose in any top 3, 5 or even 10 in terms of speakers.
What brands are best will depend on your budget, your other equipment and most importantly your own personal preference in terms of sound. Hence the top 5 speakers for me will most likely be different to you.
Popular makes to look at would be Tannoy, Wharfedale, Monitor Audio and Kef to name but a few (could also have Dali and Q Accoustics). With a bigger budget makes like PMC would come into the frame as well.

yeah actually i also read about bose that they are just too expensive and not worth the price just like Apple in mobile. but i just want to buy speakers from klipsch and b&w. what would you recommend?
and if you can recommend the sub woofer and receiver as well. thanks btw

What is your budget?

Are you purchasing in the UK or locally and if locally, where is that?
So you are looking for a 2.1 system including amp or 5.1 including RX?

Why have you decided between only Klipsch and B&W? Have you heard them and prefer them? If you have not heard them then listen to as many different options as you can with your budget. I would have thought you will struggle to get a full 5.1 set of B&W with only $1000 but then I do not know the local pricing for speakers with you.
Does the budget also have to stretch to the new receiver or do you have another budget for that? If so how much do you want to spend on the receiver?

no i'm just talking about all 5 speakers. no AVR and woofer.
and lets not just talk about budget, what would be my answer? i just want to know what could be the better experience? may be in future i can get them.

i just want to know what could be the better experience? may be in future i can get them.

Only you can decide what's best for you. There's no point asking "what's the best brand of speakers?" as you'll get loads of answers from people who will tell you either the best brand based on what they have, or the best brand based on what they'd like to have.

It's like asking someone what's the best colour for a car, or what's the best thing to eat for dinner.

All you will get is opinions.

Try and find out for yourself what is good, what you can afford, or what you want to save up for, by going out and finding some dealers, and by having a demo.

Only you can decide what's best for you. There's no point asking "what's the best brand of speakers?" as you'll get loads of answers from people who will tell you either the best brand based on what they have, or the best brand based on what they'd like to have.

It's like asking someone what's the best colour for a car, or what's the best thing to eat for dinner.

All you will get is opinions.

Try and find out for yourself what is good, what you can afford, or what you want to save up for, by going out and finding some dealers, and by having a demo.
alright. thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom