What are these?

spencerslide

Standard Member
Reaction score
My friend is selling these but I've no idea what they are!

12903447_10153589631573108_1925955352_o.jpg
speakers.jpg

Crap I thought they were furniture....

He's not sure himself what make they are, he inherited them from a mate killed in Afghanistan.

He was using a Bryston set up to run them, which he's just sold for a few grand. I listened to them a while back (he lives a bit away from me) and they were the best speakers I've ever heard. He's having a clear out as he's just been paid off (rigs)

He's asking for around 2k for them.

I have an old Arcam 10 set up with Tannoy 633's from years ago.

I may be wrong, but they just look like budget none branded speakers to me and I would be very very surprised if they where worth a fraction of that asking price.
I'm sure if they are half decent a Google search of the make and model number will tell you something about them.
At £100 or below and you liked the sound of them, I'd say go for it... At £2000 I'd be extremely careful!

There seems to be a name plate on front but can't zoom in enough to read it.
The frequency range doesn't read massively impressive on the back though obviously this doesn't really tell us much tbh.
I don't recall any speakers with such a low reflex port on the front so can't help at minute.

The make and model number is right there on the first pic!
Make- SPL
Model No - LS-04
The logo on the front of the speakers also apears to read SPL.
The only thing that could make these look any more cheep/budget would be a built in karaoke machine and LED lit pulsing fountains on the top.
I'm 99.99% sure these are not high end speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom