What are the next Blu Rays to join your collection?

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought a thread like this could be quite fun, so what are the next Blu Rays to join your collection within the next week or two?

Mine are:

Pineapple express
Stardust
Step Brothers
The Dark Knight

The Forbidden Kingdom... when it arrives.

Something on rental. Not sure what it will be, need to send the other one back tomorrow so I will know in a couple of days.

Just thought a thread like this could be quite fun, so what are the next Blu Rays to join your collection within the next week or two?

Mine are:

Pineapple express
Stardust
Step Brothers
The Dark Knight

Are you sure about Stardust? It's out on HDDVD but hasn't got a release date for Bluray yet.

I'm sure I have seen in it in the shops before, I might be wrong but its such a cool movie. One of my favourite ever. Everytime I see it I sit throught he whole movie with a massive smile on my face :D

You don't Mess with the Zohan is on it's way.
Received Cars and Ratatouille yesterday.

You don't Mess with the Zohan is on it's way.
Received Cars and Ratatouille yesterday.

Cars on Blu Ray is ridiculously brilliant, the PQ on that is something amazing as it ratatouille

Cars on Blu Ray is ridiculously brilliant, the PQ on that is something amazing as it ratatouille

Just saw a little piece of Ratatouille so far, but it definitely looks much better than the DVD.
Haven't had a chance to put Cars in the player. I'll have to convince my daughter to give it a watch this weekend.
;)

Just this morning I've ordered:
Rocknrolla
The Duchess
Vicky, Christina, Barcelona
Body of Lies

My next buys will definately be..

Zodiac
The Elite Squad
Raging Bull
Also tempted by Righteous Kill but the reviews haven't been great.

Not sure when though, probably next pay day. I find Blu-ray.com good for checking new releases and most big titles have a detailed review of pq, audio and the actual film.

Also tempted by Righteous Kill but the reviews haven't been great.

It's not a brown trout, but it certainly won't overly impress.:(
As i said in another thread, there is one scene where they look like 2 OAP's on the way to the post office in their car.

Haven't seen it yet, but i'm not expecting much, so we'll see.

Let me know what you think, because I saw it a few days ago and barely made it to the end.

I've a spreadsheet :lesson: with a list :) but it'll be a while before I buy any more BD's

First Blood
Casablanca
Blade Runner

Beetlejuice is on the way, other than that I'm struggling to find any interesting Blu's coming out soon. My immediate viewing is going to be taken up with the Star Fleet DVDs that will be arriving next week!

Raging Bull is released on Monday which excites me greatly and will definitely on my shelf on Monday evening come hell or high water and whatever the high street cost.

Righteous Kill is a film that i really enjoyed and so is another I'll be picking up i guess.

Other than that i'm really trying to cut back on my spending for a while, so not a great deal i wouldn't have thought. I will succumb to Sleeping Beauty if i can find it reasonably cheap though.

Last edited:
Sometime this weekend I am going to order Man on Fire and Taken.

My blu-ray wants are:

Planet earth
Wall-e
Monsters Inc

On their way to me, are Man On Fire, Taken and Akira. I also have Daredevil and The One pre-ordered for April.

Dark City is 'pending' still with DVD.CO.UK and I really want Bonnie & Clyde as a keeper but I can't see anything else in the HMV 2 for £25 that I'd spend £12.50 on. And I've only ever seen LA Confidential once (on VHS :rolleyes:), so I'm going to pre-order that at some point.

Beetlejuice is on the way, other than that I'm struggling to find any interesting Blu's coming out soon. My immediate viewing is going to be taken up with the Star Fleet DVDs that will be arriving next week!

There isn't a great deal is there!

I might get Heroes 1 & 2 box sets as it's something I've always meant to watch.

I've made a list on the iPhone, that way I always have it with me.
:)

I use DVD profiler and that has a Winmobo version So I always have my collection and Wishlist too.

I've just added Taken, Rocknrolla, Pitch Black, Riddick and Step Brothers, so my next few purchases will be these few.

Burn After Reading
Quantum Of Solace
Saw 5
L.A Confidential
Bourne Ultimatum

Others I may pick up as double dips.

Saw 1, 2 and 3
Boune Identity
Bourne Supremacy
Raging Bull
Man On Fire

The latest video from AVForums