What are the issues with LG Soundbars - in particular the new LG SP11RA and its previous model?

Currently I have an LG Oled CX7. It does not have earc. I wish to buy a sound bar for it. Previously I have owned a Bose 300 and an Samsung Atmos - N950.

I loved the Bose but wanted Atmos.

I hated Samsung as it was buggy.

I love my LG tv so am considering that one....until I read about lots of issues they seem to have. Wifi/speaker drop outs, weird handling of 5.1 etc.

I will be using it connected to my PS4 and Apple TV and obviously want 5.1 at the least, and the option of Atmos later down the line.

What are the issues I am likely to face?

JBA6

As your TV does not have eARC the most important point to consider is that all your sources, PS4 and ATV and any others in the future, will need to connect directly to the soundbar. Doing it this way should make sure you don't have insurmountable lip-sync problems. If you go for a soundbar with eARC then if you should upgrade to a newer TV which does have eARC in the future then you will be able to plug your sources into either the TV or the soundbar.

--
JB

As your TV does not have eARC the most important point to consider is that all your sources, PS4 and ATV and any others in the future, will need to connect directly to the soundbar. Doing it this way should make sure you don't have insurmountable lip-sync problems. If you go for a soundbar with eARC then if you should upgrade to a newer TV which does have eARC in the future then you will be able to plug your sources into either the TV or the soundbar.

--
JB
Thank you. Ok so I only use two inputs, ps4 and appletv so that won’t be a problem as I believe it has two. The arc will then go back to the tv through it.

later down the line an Nvidea shied will replace the Apple TV so I can have tru-HD etc

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom