What are the best subs?

keyser

Standard Member
Reaction score
What subs are best for a sane price? How are the definitive technology models.. like the supercube´s?

Do the large woofers (12" and higher) not have much deeper base than the smaller ones, even though the have huge amplifiers? Or can a smaller one go just as deep with the wattage?

Definitive Technology don't do a great deal in the UK. They sell their Pro Cinema range which includes a small subwoofer but when I bought the satellites I preferred to use them with a better sub.

What about part b of my question, concerning the woofer size.. is a 12"+ woofer just not necessary?

I was thinking of ordering a def tech from the usa or getting a m&k or REL... not sure what to get.

The best subs are generally:

Velodyne HGS series.
The SVSubwoofers PC Plus, CS-Plus and CS Ultra.
HSU VTF3.
Adire Audio DIY Shiva and Tempest.

What makes really loud deep bass is big cone area, large box size and loads of amplifer power.

Not really sure. Hoping to get ideas from you guys. I currently have the def techs 2006TLS fronts and CLRT 2300 center and bp2x backs... all have plenty of bass. So I figure the sub has to be pretty good to add depth to those speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom