Question What are the best steaming android players?

Simon Belmont

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I seen lots on ebay with 1000's of channels with Kodi. Too many brands to choose from? I saw MX 3 player? That's the cheapest, but what are a few of the best players available that run well and have 1000's of channels that really work? I tried one last year (can't remember the name of the player) , but most of the channels didn't even work, so It put my off these types of players.

Need some input on these newer players. Do they work better then they did last time I used them?

Cheers

If by 1000 channels you mean the illegal movie/sports/TV stream from the likes of Icefilm, Genesis etc then none will be any better than any other as the streams will come and go as the copyright holders try to find them and shut them down.

Agree with the above. I have setup a few amazon fire tv boxes for friend and the work well. The box is plugged into the router as opposed to using wifi for a better experience.

The problem you'll have with these boxes with 1000's of apps added, as well as what's mentioned above, is they overload the box and slow it down, the cheaper ones don't have much RAM and it can make browsing these "fully loaded" boxes a chore. You're better off learning how to st it up yourself and being choosy about what you want to install, plenty of guides out there.

I'd stick with the FireTV as long as you don't need HD audio.

If you do and want to stick with android for the apps then one of the boxes the site has reviewed well would be a good bet such as the MiniX Neo models. Yes it is more expensive than some but you get proper support and updates for it. Lots of the cheap Chinese boxes you buy it and that's it, if it has bugs (it will) they will likely never be fixed.

If you're not fussy about the Android side of things that opens other option with the like of a Raspberry Pi2, Chromebox etc.

I want it to get Sky Sports

If you want Sky Sports then you'll have to pay for it.

1. Discussion of streaming illegal content is against the site rules.
2. Live sports streams on Kodi are poor and unreliable.

Is this any good

Who knows?

See my comment above regarding cheap Android boxes. There are literally hundreds of them out there, all promising the world, unless someone here has the specific box you're looking at then it's hard to know much about it other than it's a generic cheap imported Chinese Android box.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom