What are the best film's to get on HD DVD?

D

Deadsquirrel

What i want to know from you guys out there is what HD DVD discs are the best to get, i.e. which HD DVD Disc's blow away their DVD counterpart of the same movie.

I've already heard that the King Kong HD DVD just blows it's DVD counterpart away, so what other's are worth getting?

nerdyjim

Novice Member
V for Vendetta, Swordfish, Batman Begins, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang are all very good..... Serenity also is quality.

neuty

Distinguished Member
I watched Superman Returns saturday night and must say picture i wuold only give 7/10 , sound 8/10 , film 8/10.

I was a little disapointed with the picture compared to KK.

A little less WOW with the picture.

I still loved it though.

neuty:thumbsup:

MitchR

Novice Member
Sahara has great picture quality. The part where they ride on their camels through the desert with the sun going down behind them looks stunning! :eek:

D

Deadsquirrel

I watched Superman Returns saturday night and must say picture i wuold only give 7/10 , sound 8/10 , film 8/10.

I was a little disapointed with the picture compared to KK.

A little less WOW with the picture.

I still loved it though.

neuty:thumbsup:
I was curious about Superman Returns as the SD DVD transfer is far from good, and i was hoping the HD DVD would be better

Tejstar - I'd recommend King Kong, Hulk, Batman Begins; MI: III and V for Vendetta.
Thanks for the comments, as i have each of these films on SD DVD and i would consider duplicating them on HD DVD if the quality warrants it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom