What are the best blue filter glasses for tv calibration

I've heard some people on other forums talking or mentioning about if other blue filter glasses are better than another. The blue filter glasses I already have are the spears and munsill ones and the DVE ones, but I know there are also THX ones. Which ones are best or what would you recommend?

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Using a blue filter is a quick and easy way of setting the colour control, either of the two pairs you already have will be fine.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
if you have a samsung tv with a blue filter built in use that it will be more accurate.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Good point, if you have a Samsung TV you can use the RGB Only Mode to select blue instead of using the filter glasses and this approach is much more accurate. If you own a LG TV then you can do exactly the same thing by selecting the Colour Filter option in the menu.

TONYELISE

Novice Member
My old toshiba 55"sv685 could also turn off the rgb colours aswell.

IcarusOne

Novice Member
Good point, if you have a Samsung TV you can use the RGB Only Mode to select blue instead of using the filter glasses and this approach is much more accurate. If you own a LG TV then you can do exactly the same thing by selecting the Colour Filter option in the menu.
I have an LG 55" LED and the S&M calibration disc. I recently compared the THX glasses to the built in blue filter and got wildly different results, on the order of the THX glasses requiring almost 10 more points on the color menu as opposed to the LG filter. The S&M test pattern for color clipping shows reds and blues are clipped pretty heavily when I calibrate using the THX blue, but when I use the LG blue and have no color clipping, everything looks a little desaturated.

Which one do I trust?