nick farrow 100

Would somebody mind giving me the best Accessories for my Oculus quest 2 headset, I have seen some on amazon but don't know if they crappy and cheap designs Im looking for stuff around the price range of 60-70£ As Im having extra money on Christmas, I'd prefer something that can arrive at Christmas or a couple days after.​

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Hey Nick. Give more info on what your desires are for your headset so others can recommend you stuff.

Is there anything hardware wise you wish your headset to be better at? Do you want it to be more comfortable around your head? Do you wish you didn't need to wear glasses with it? Do you wish it had a longer battery life? Do you wish for slightly wider field of view? Do you wish your contoller felt like a proper table tennis bat, golf club, or a gun? Do you wish your inner face cover doesn't leave marks or gets too hot and sweaty?

There are accessory solutions for all of the above but be sure to get a quality/reliable accessory that won't fail in a few weeks or months time.

If none of the above applies, then spend that nice bit of cash on games and apps! Or a mix of accessories and games/apps.

I have only bought one accessory for my Quest 2 so far. It's a table tennis bat adapter for the controller to play Eleven Table Tennis (a pretty accurate TT simulator). If you have and are serious about this game, then get this particular model, as it's the official one that the game has settings for it's orientation. It's brilliant and completes the simulation of real life table tennis. That's £21 out of your budget including postage.

I also intend to purchase prescription lens inserts as I wear glasses and it's comfortable using Quest with them. There are several options but one specific one I am looking at, that is championed by many folks on the largest Quest group on facebook (managed by youtuber Tycho Tech), is a magnetic pair with all the coating and extras included. Drawback is it's in US, though shipped worldwide which is the only thing putting me off but does indeed look the best.

Anyway, like I said, give more info on what your desires are so others can help you with recommendations!

nick farrow 100

Thanks. for all your replies
its my son asking the question as he's not clued up on vr and its a xmas present just want to make sure there are no pit falls or additional kit he needs to run it
thanks
nick

DpM

A case is good to have, I take mine to work a few times a week, for a lunch break quick go. Even if I didnt do that I would get a case just to protect it and keep it tidy.

I grabbed this one and it works well.

Amazon product

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Thanks. for all your replies
its my son asking the question as he's not clued up on vr and its a xmas present just want to make sure there are no pit falls or additional kit he needs to run it
thanks
nick

Oh...in that case, he can enjoy the headset right off the bat Goonergaz and DpM suggestions are great for a more comfortable fit and storage.

But I would recommend reserving some of your cash for your son to spend on vr games and experiences! There are some free content but of course the paid for games/apps will give more substantial experiences. Unfortunately, Quest 2 don't have gift cards available so you would need to add credit into the Oculus account (would you be setting that up for your son?).

This is Quest library of games/apps:

If your son has a VR ready gaming pc and good wifi (5g or 6), he can also stream Steam vr games to Quest via an app called Virtual Desktop (£15) on Quest. Many people do this because there are more games to select from and they have more graphical prowess because they run off the PC.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Hi, Its Alfie, nicks son Do you need a gaming computer to use the oculus quest 2?

Hi Alfie, no. The Quest 2 is all in one...no pc needed!

But it has the bonus capability of also playing pc VR games if you have a powerful enough gaming pc.

But, no need for pc. Quest 2 has a large library of quality VR games and apps as I have linked in the previous post.

grant666uk

oohh YEA !!!

IMG_20211220_223503.jpg

nick farrow 100

Hi Alfie, no. The Quest 2 is all in one...no pc needed!

But it has the bonus capability of also playing pc VR games if you have a powerful enough gaming pc.

But, no need for pc. Quest 2 has a large library of quality VR games and apps as I have linked in the previous post.
Hi, Thanks for the confirmation pal, I appreciate it I was just a bit worried if I didn't have the right things to actually get it working lol.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Hi, Thanks for the confirmation pal, I appreciate it I was just a bit worried if I didn't have the right things to actually get it working lol.
...there is just one thing you need...a valid Facebook account! Soon, Facebook promises it will not be a requirement but for now, it is still mandatory. But it must be a genuine Fb account in your name because if it isn't and FB somehow knows it, there is a risk that your Quest 2 becomes barred and your games become inaccessible.

Hopefully, that's not a problem for you and otherwise, enjoy your new Quest 2, this Xmas!

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
hi everyone
many thanks for the help with the vr headset questions
one happy son and a damaged xmas tree hahah

Great to hear!

Take advantage of the extensive Christmas Quest games sale, it's the last day for it and Oculus doesn't often have such a sale!

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom