What are the BENEFITS of the Yamaha RX-A810/1010 over the older RX-V3067??

nick270881

I all

I am looking to replace my Pioneer LX60 Receiver with a Yamaha and am unsure which of the above to go for

I have looked at the specs and in terms of power output they will both be more than adequate to drive my Kef 3005 or Model 11 speakers

The main question I have though as I can't see the answers on Yamaha's site is in terms of features......which is the better feature wise considering the new one is £100 more than the older one, I.e. what does the 810 have hat the 3067 doesn't or vice versa

Is the 810 likely to be more future proof? Will they both handle 3D if I make the jump next year?

Cheers

Nick

davepuma

Distinguished Member
The equivalent model of the RX-V3067 would be the RX-A2010. I didn't really notice anything that jumped out at me that would make me choose one of the newest Adventage models over the previous *067 models unless you must have the latest model. Both can handle 3D but I would go for the 3067 over the lesser 810/1010 models.

Last edited:

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Hi Nick,

I'm in a similar position to you. There is a thread on here about the new Aventage models being of a better build quality and generally producing a better sound quality than the models they are replacing. However, for the price in comparison to the older models, it does seem hard to justify spending so much more to get the Aventage range.

However, if your speakers will hold back a 3067, or 2067, then maybe the sound will be better with a newer model Aventage 810 or 1010? This is the dilemma I have, I don't think my room size and speakers require such a powerful model as the 3067.

It is impossible to demo without buying two or three amps and sending back the ones you don't like. And that doesn't seem like a realistic option.

I am still undecided which model to go for myself, I am leaning more towards the new Aventage 810, but am waiting until the New Year to see if there are any price reductions.

Be interested to see what decision you reach!

Last edited:

nick270881

I am gonna try and have a play with both Amps over the next day or so, I am leaning towards the 3067 but am just concerned about the longevity of it and that the 810 will be better feature wise but then again it is only just discontinued so surely Yamaha won't drop firmware support in the near future.

There have been comments that Yamaha have redesigned the components in the to make it perform better but as of yet I have yet to see any proof that this is the case but they have been around in the USA for a while and even ran alongside the RXV series so surely the components can't be that new

I bought my Pioneer LX52 BR player when they were discontinued and it seems fine still

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't be concerned about the longevity and firmware updates. The 3067 is a couple of models up from the ones you're looking at.

Enjoy the demos.

nick270881

I didn't manage to have a demo on Friday but I placed a deposit on a 3067 and am going on Monday for a proper demo

The only thing now is that I can get a A810 for the same money as the 3067 and a A1010 for only £100 more so will be trying those against the 3067

I had made my mind up until those price drops!!!

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Are you able to share where you are getting the good prices on the Aventage A810 / 1010? I'm waiting for them to drop a little before taking the leap. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom