1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are scrolling bars on tv's??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by T1969, Apr 20, 2002.

1. T1969

T1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Could someone explain what are scrolling bars on tv's, and does it only effect sony's. the reason for asking is that i am upgrading my old set to a widescreen and am a complete novice when it comes to tv's. i also have a question futher down the list about which "TV for £1,000" if someone could help.

many thanks in advance......

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See Fwan's avatar (next to his name, on the left) at the top of the Sony Scrolling Bar Problem thread.... :D

3. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Squirrel God for pointing Tim to the right place.

Tim, I don't expect you to read all the posts on my thread on the scrolling bar problem which many of us are enduring and getting no joy from Sony UK. It's the longest one for a while.

Briefly, we know that two models The Sony "FQ" and "FS" models have this bonus feature which you cannot turn off. Of course, it not written in Sony's specs or brochure and what's more, they have not charged for this features !!!! ;) .

It's not only the flaw that is aggravating the whole issue, but the customer care/relationship Sony has shown is just amazing. This problem is now almost a year old and Sony has still not found a cure for it. All of us having getting from Sony Uk are lies, more lies and denials. Hence the huge number posts on my thread. Pls have look and read some of the posts to have an idea of the problem.

The decision is yours !

Cheers

fwan

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Squirrel God

How interesting !!! It just never ceases to amaze me how Sony UK is managed............

fwan