what are resident evil: outbreak and silent hill: the room like?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by 7 of 9, Sep 22, 2004.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what do people think of the two games: resident evil outbreak on ps2 and silent hill: the room on ps2 and x-box.

thanks from 7 of 9

2. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I played outbreak only for an hour or so, and could not get into it, it seems ok, but when you pause the game for a pee, the game carries on, what the........

Plays different from others in the series!

As for Silent Hill 4, its on my to play pile, which has not moved since Burnout 3 entered the room!

BUT both of these have recieved 60-70% reviews, saying they are a dissapointment on previous carnations!

3. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparantly Outbreak comes into it's own when played online, however that feature isn't included in the UK version therefore rendering the game crap!!

4. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    i bought both of these last week,resi evil was total s :censored: te!,it was as bad as tomb raider and that was awfull,every time you go into a door or do some thing you have to wait 20 to 30 seconds for it to load the next scene and all you get to look at is a black screen :mad: the controls are awfull and you are attacked even when paused!.this is not worth buying,i took mine back to the shop after two days of :boring: frustration,silent hill is ok i'm still playing it at the moment,7/10 for this.

5. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    I couldnt work out what to do in the first level on outbreak. i just ran around aimlessly while all the other characters got killed by zombies.. some sort of objective would have been nice. I think it could be good if i could actually get into it, but i could well be seeing all there is to it..

Silent hill 4 seems ok so far. ive come to a point where i cant figure out where to go or what to do so ive stopped playing for the time being, but it has a nice atmosphere. Definitely the better of the 2. Really nice gfx in some points too

6. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    running around aimlessly is all you will do,even in the next two levels!,thats as far as i got before i gave up.
    silent hill is quite tricky,make sure you keep going back to your room and look at the front door/patch on the wall into next room. :thumbsup:

7. mynamerox

mynamerox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have silent hill the room and it is about a 7 out of 10. The problem is that the game starts off very slow and everytime you want to save you have to leave the level. I hope once I get further in the game that it will start to make more sense.

8. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    "hint"save your health packs!you will need them later,