What are my options?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dustjunky, Oct 31, 2003.

1. dustjunky

dustjunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there :)

I am about to move into my new flat tomorrow and I want to get Sky installed. The previous tenant had Sky and he has left the dish and phone connector already in place soooo....

What are my options?

Can I get a really good deal out of Sky becuase they dont have to supply another dish or am I better just following the standard installation route? Or is there something else I could try?

Thanks in advance
    Ben

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky take no account of an existing dish because it could be distorted, misaligned and have a faulty LNB and cable, resulting in MORE work for the installer.

You could buy a used Digibox then phone Sky and ask for a "Second Hand Contract" which you fill in and return to get a viewing card. Note that they'll tell you this contract will reach you in "4 - 5 days". Well, in my experience they mean "weeks" and, in view of the current postal strike you'll be lucky to see it before Christmas.

3. dustjunky

dustjunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So should I just phone up and ask for a standard installation plus mention I have a dish already? I assume they won't increase the price of installation for any reason :confused:

Thanks
    Ben

4. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you check the internet and phone the internet number. The operators can see what number you are calling and will price you accordingly. I got my internet installation for £1 a couple of weeks back!

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    As above, just apply on-line , ring the internet number or quote the £1 offer, reduce £38 subscription after first month if you prefer.
    Make sure the installer fits a new dish, so that you have a new LNB.