What are JL's procedures for a faulty TV?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by dodgydaz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dodgydaz

dodgydaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Would anyone be able to advise on John Lewis’s course of action when it came to having a fault with a plasma?

When I say fault, I mean the purple snakes thingy. Its not happening all the time, but is becoming more frequent and slightly annoying.

I love the TV and apart from this, I am more than happy.

Just wondered if in this situation whether they could repair it at home or if I needed to get it picked up etc for repair.

Anyone had a similar problem and had it resolved by JL?

2. cwpaters

cwpaters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I contacted JL on friday and they picked my Plasma up on monday morning!! not JL there self as each store will have a dedicated electronics repairer!! mostly all of the time the will remove the set to their workshop!! i was told 10-14 days for the sets return.

So far i cannot fault JL in any way!!

3. pmcgsmurf

pmcgsmurf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    How long you had it?

If only a short time then I don't think it "reasonable" for the set to be repaired anywhere unless you agree to this.

In my case after about 5 weeks of owning the PX60 they agreed to replace this and have agreed to replace this again or refund which I think is reasonable.

4. dodgydaz

dodgydaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    TWO weeks without a TV!!!!:eek:

That means I will have to actually “talk” to the wife, instead of just grunting at her!!

I’ve had my PV500 for nearly two years (wow…has it really been that long), so its done exactly what it said on the tin.
    Cant complain at all on its reliability. Its just over the last few weeks, I seem to be getting the snakes when I sometimes turn the TV on, and they sometimes appear when I am watching something.
    Its sorted when I switch it off and on again, but with the 5 year guarantee, it would be daft not to get it sorted…..but two weeks….. can I ask them for a courtesy TV whilst mines being repaired (he he)

5. risingsouth

risingsouth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    my samsung ps42q7hd from john lewis glasgow has been away waiting for a new plasma panel for 5 weeks now,have a loan set,jl have been very good on contacting me of any update and have agreed that if the set is not repaired by wednesday they will offer me some options.i was told 7 days to repair 10 days if part required,jl require 28 days not including weekends before any options as told by head of undersales department so just under 6 weeks,eeekkkk