1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are Gale 3010s like?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Aryxx, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Aryxx

Aryxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi just wondering what the opinion is on the Gale 3010s.

I've got Pioneer vsx-c502 amp and Mission 701 front speakers with Gale 3070 sub at the moment but I'm slowly upgrading to 5.1 surround.

Are the Gales any good?

Cheers

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    A friend of mine has Gale 3010's as rear speakers and Mission 701's as his stereo pair combined with a Marantz SR4400 amp.

The Gale's are nice and compact, sounding OK for the price but are in nowhere near the same league as the 701's. :)

3. Aryxx

Aryxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would I be better off looking for a set that match better? Or will they suffice as surround speakers? I intend to go to Richersounds on my lunch break to pick them up today so advice is gratefully received.
    cheers

4. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I picked up gold monitors in January to use as rears as soon as I can afford m33i mission as fronts (couple of weeks to go, yey). They're not bad as fronts, but not that great, so they might be just enough as rears... I'll let you guys know how the whole thing'll sound :)

5. Aryxx

Aryxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I purchased the 3010s yesterday on 14 day trial from Richersounds.

They're a well built speaker with a reassuring weight to them.
    Sound is decent enough but seems to lack a little mid - although I'm probably wrongly comparing them to my mission 701s up front.
    I tried integrating them with my current setup (see above) but nothing seemed to mesh well together - not even my sub which I had previously been content with.

Can anyone kindly offer any advice?