What are considered the "optimal" settings for the picture,tint,ETC,ETC

T

tc2

Just got a HD Panasonic 53in 16*9 widescreen and I was wondering what are the optimal settings for the picture,tint,contrast etc.

I know it differs from person to person, but whats generally reccomended???

New Bloke

Novice Member
Unless someone has the same set as yourself, it's always difficult to say as all sets are different.

There are two ways:

1. Use THX Optimode from a THX quality DVD (Monsters Inc. / X Men)

2. Buy a Region 1 DVD called Video Essentials, it's about £40.00 but well worth it. If memory serves me right, The Disc Emporium hires out this disc.

Rental Fee £7.99 per week plus £1.50 P&P. Deposit of £38.99 taken and refunded upon safe return

http://www.discemporium.com

DaveCheltenham

Originally posted by tc2
Just got a HD Panasonic 53in 16*9 widescreen and I was wondering what are the optimal settings for the picture,tint,contrast etc.

I know it differs from person to person, but whats generally reccomended???
tc2 - I would not worry too much about picture, tint or contrast except to set them to your liking. From my point of view for tint, I like this to be neutral and for brightness and contrast, it is important to have them set so peak white does not overload. Remember, you are the one watching it so have confidence.

tazpc

Novice Member
Def. Recommend Video essentials.
Yoy can buy it online
www.ezydvd.com.au

37.27 AUD
includes delivery

£13.28

New Bloke

Novice Member
It's a while since I used it last, but I'm fairly sure it has those tests.

It's split into Audio tests and Video tests.

Have I search on the net and I'm sure you could find somewhere that will show you the contents of the disc.

J

juboy

Originally posted by devastator
Does video essentials DVD have a section to check the geometry on your set???
Certainly does. In fact, it has 3 geometry tests. One for 4:3, one for letterbox and one for anamorphic W/S.

devastator

Thanks for the info. Reckon I'll order it, knowing my luck it'll be updated with a PAL version as soon as I've got it.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom