Question What amplifiers support MQA?

antakar

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know will Marantz 6010/7010 or Yamaha 2050/3050 , Denon, or in fact any other make/model currently availabel on the market will support MQA streams by firmware update?

How long is a piece of string?

I'd not invest in string though or br placing bets upon how long you think it will be. Most receivers (all) don't even offer support for services such as Tidal let alone MQA streams.

Never say never, but I'd be whispering it as far as MQA is concerned. If it does become mainstream then your best bet is via Apple and in turn Apple Airplay support for it. As far as AV receivers go then Pioneer is probably your best bet if MQA support were to become available. Pioneer already support the format onboard their XDP100R portable music player. There's also going to be more support from Meridean themselves because Meridian own MQA. Meridian do not however manufacturer an AV receiver and if they did then it wouldn't be cheap.

Last edited:
Well, I may hold on and wait for the support in the AVRs to get one. (I may not live that long though.)
I think this is the future, and it is now. Even support for Tidal CD quality streams, available now, is not there, and I have no idea why.

I was looking around the forum at something yesterday and someone linked to one of these (sorry I forget who)

Innuos - Innuos Zen XL

They do MQA and a lot more besides (including Tidal, Quobus, Spotify etc.) and look pretty awesome. Pricey on top of an amp of course but look to be a very tidy piece of kit as a dedicated music server.

G

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom