What amplifier to go with Dali Zensor 3?

Vegard

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ;)

I'm looking to buy a pair of Dali Zensor 3 speakers, but I'm not really sure what amplifier I want to go with them yet, so, I hope you can help this newbie (me!) out..

I've read some reviews about the Yamaha A-S500, Onkyo A-9030, Denon PMA-520, Marantz PM6005, Pioneer A-30, NAD C316BEE, etc., etc., and they all seem great, but what would fit the Dali speakers the best? Any recommendations? Suggestions? Experiences?

For instance; is the Yamaha A-S500 too powerful for these speakers? And/or has anyone tried pairing the Marantz PM6005 with them? (I'm very curious about this amp!) Or the Onkyo A-9030?

Well, that's about it..

I should also say that I listen to a lot of classical music, but also rock, jazz, and some heavier stuff, and that I want an amp that will last more than just a couple of years.. (I should go for simplicity, right?)

Hope somebody can help me out ;)

V.

I wouldn't be concerned with amplifiers that are too powerful for speakers, I'm using 300W and no problems, you can fry it but I bet you'd have to have it so loud that you go deaf. Also if you had a 3W amp, you could drive them to similar dB levels, but it'll be all distortion, and you'll fry your treble anyway.

Dali are 6ohm, 88dB sensivity. Not terrible terribly hard to drive, but 88dB is a little low, so aim for a amp with more power.

88dB is the same as my Celestion A1, and I'm using Audiolab 8000SX/PX amps.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom