1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What amp for my new TV. Any advice....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nikpartou, Jan 2, 2004.

1. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Happy New Year to you all.

After weeks and weeks of browsing through this forum (thanks to all who have unknowingly helped me) and buying numerous magazines, I have decided to purchase the Toshiba 32ZP38 television.

I would like to complete my spending by adding a home cinema system. I have been looking at the new Denon 770 home cinema system (not an all in one system) which consists of the DVD770 dvd player, the AVR770 receiver and SYS-A3L 5.1 speaker system.

Has anyone got any information on these items? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in addition to the above, alternatively can anyone recommend a DVD player, receiver and set of speakers.

The DVD player does not necessarily have to have PAL progressive scan although NTSC progressive is a must. Iwould prefer DVD-A and SACD capablities. As for the receiver, 6.1 would be preferred. I have an open mind on the speakers.

3. RobDickinson

RobDickinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +748
    Your budget arond £1k then?

Need small satelite speakers or could make do with 'proper' floorstanders for mains etc?

(denon package you mentioned is £850 at superfi)

4. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My budget would be in the region of £1000-1200. Satellite speakers have to be the choice as i don't want large looking boxes sitting in the living room.

Do you know anything about the DVD770SD system?