What amp for audio delay?

ddaddy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably the wrong forum, but due to my needs, i think this should be ok.

When i take delivery of my new panny 5, if i notice the lip sync issue everyone goes on about, I will purchase a new amp to compensate for it.

Currently i only have a cheapo sherwood amp from RS, and use Mission FS1 AV sub/sat system for speakers.

All i would need, is an amp that supports audio delay in the range of 80ms-120ms across all channels.

It obviously has to have DD and DTS decoding, but anything else isnt really a must (Like 6.1 or ProLogic 2).

What the cheapest amp that'll suit my needs?

cheers

Get the new Denon 3803 it has sound delay feature on it
Its around £800 i think

Although if you get the tuner box for the panny it will also get rid of the so called "Lip Sinc"

Look for a second hand Sony 930, its a fantastic amp and has delay. Although I don't exprience this issue on my Panny 5 plasma.

Neil.

Neil,

I have a Sony 930 (you're right - its excellent!) and a Hitachi 32PD3000 and have never noticed any lip sync problems.

I had put this down to the ALIS processing on the panel, but it could be the amp although I've not noticed or consciously set any delay parameters! Does it introduce a standard delay by default?

Cheers, Peter

Are there any cheaper amps?

I was thinking in the £200 - £400 price range, i dont think quality is really an issue as anythings gotta be better than my current sherwood amp, and im very happy with that at the moment.

cheers, daz

ps. I will wait to see if i experience the lip sync before i go and buy a new amp, but i just want to start looking just in case.

I meant it has options to change the delay. It +doesn't+ introduce a delay unless you set it up that way!

The panny-5 and the 930 are an excellent combination.

You should be able to pick up a 830 for a couple of hundred if
you look around.

Neil.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom