What am I doing wrong

tlogic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Over the past couple days I've been trying to work out how I can project my TV display through to my Projector but I just can't seem to get it to work.

My AVR receiver on the other hand is connected to the projector with no issues and I can watch all the devices which is connected to it on the pojector.

Here is my setup, would appreciate some thoughts on what I could be doing wrong.

AVR

DENON AVR X2300

TV

Samsung Frame TV QLED

Projector:

Optoma HD38 4K.

My projector is linked via a highspeed HDMI to the 2nd Output port of the AVR receiver.

HDMI cable from the TV is conneted to the 1st Output port at the back of th AVR receiver.

If I understand your question correctly, I guess you kind of answered your own question.

"HDMI cable from the TV is connected to the 1st Output port at the back of the AVR receiver."

Your TV can only send audio back to the receiver via the ARC (Audio Return Channel), to get the TV picture sent to the projector you need to connect a "TVbox" that can send the TV signal to one of the HDMI inputs on your AVR receiver so it can send this to both outputs connected to the TV and the projector.

I would recommend an Apple TV or 4K Amazon stick.

Double post

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom